(Closed) 9-29-12 Brides. What's pending on your to do list?

posted 6 years ago in September 2012
Post # 3
3697 posts
Sugar bee

Organize the music for the wedding liturgy. By far the most important part, in my book, and the task I’m most looking forward to.

Do a bit of decorating on the flower girl baskets. Bought some nice ones, but they could use a few extra touches.

Make a hairpiece to wear at the reception, and make corsages/boutonnieres out of the excess materials. (All the kids helping out with the wedding will be getting silk corsages/bouts)

Finish a chapter of my dissertation.

Post # 5
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi girls, I’m actually the 28th but close enough right?

Most of the to-dos I have left have to do with confirming timing/wedding day logistics & schedule with vendors (photography, etc.)

I also have to meet with the DJ one more time to give him our first dance song, photos for our montage, etc.

Other than that stuff I still need a card box (hopefully DIY), to print menus & programs and to figure out the seating chart (worst part, I think!).. Oh and we haven’t ordered our favors yet even though we know what we’re going to get.

Hope that helps – I’ve been making lists upon lists paranoid I’m forgetting something, too. Good luck!

Post # 6
1116 posts
Bumble bee

Yayyyyy it’s getting so close, I can’t wait.

My to do list consits of dropping off ribbon and cake topper for the cake.  Finish tying ribbon on our favors (nightmare job!), Get final head counts to venue and caterer.  Organize final payments to vendors and figure out tips.  Decide how to fold our cloth napkins.  Purchase the items for the OOT bags and stuff the bags.  Wrap/prepare gifts for wedding party and parents.  Figure out how to get everything to the venue…. 🙂

Post # 7
1831 posts
Buzzing bee

i’m waiting on my program proofs.

this weekend were:

-finishing deciding on table numbers (were doing consecutive numbers with a related bit of info. ex: 2. “The number of first dates we had, 1 year apart”)

-slowly working on seating charts (not everyone has RSVPed yet)

-finish bridal party gifts and get gifts for our readers

-1st DRESS FITTING on sunday! wooo

-start working on a timeline for the day-of

-shot list for photographer

-song lists for DJ

Post # 8
34 posts
Newbee

You girls are good, I will not even start to go through my list and I am the 22nd. Nice Work!

Post # 9
1831 posts
Buzzing bee

so i literally did nothing but my dress fitting this weekend.

FAIL.

Post # 10
804 posts
Busy bee

I feel like I have everything to do!

Figure out the centerpieces, order the cake, make the bouquets, pretty much everything for the ceremony, put together favors, get a must-play/do-not-play list together, get a must photograph list together, get my dress altered, schedule someone coming out to do hair in the morning, do the programs…I think my brain will explode! 

And of course, FI is like, “See, it’s almost here, and we’ve got almost everything done!” 

Post # 11
47 posts
Newbee

Ok. I feel much better now after reading thru everyone’s to do list cuz mine is basically the same and i don’t feel like doing ANY of it, lol. 

Post # 12
52 posts
Worker bee

So much to do. Wedding license, Figure out music, do the dress fittings (once its in!), programs, finish favors, make halos for the flower girls, pay off everything, figure out how many people are coming, lol, and determine menu and food(we are doing low key costco food), get plastic wine glasses for the apple cider toast etc etc etc. im not even sure what alll i need to do.

Post # 13
51 posts
Worker bee

I feel like my list is never ending. I need to get my wedding license, go to my 4th and 5th dress fitting (my alterationist keeps messing up my dress so I have a ton of fittings), make my programs, make my seating chart, pick out grooms gifts for FI and mother/son song and garter song, must have photos, met with all vendors one more time to go over final details, remeet with florist because they messed up flower order, get our rings engraved, find a purse still, find a person to do my make-up. I feel like I have more to do then time to do it. 

Post # 14
509 posts
Busy bee

I don’t have much left to do but it would seem otherwise!

-Start making final payments to all the vendors

-Order a cake topper

-Order my garter

-Order the wedding programs

-Finish the songlist for the DJ

-Make a cd for the ceremony music

-Order the groomsmen’s gifts

I’m sure I’m forgetting something…

Post # 15
52 posts
Worker bee

It hit me on Monday while I was a bridesmaid at another wedding that the next time I go to a wedding I will be the Bride! Hit me like a ton of bricks that we are getting married 3 weeks from Saturday, so now I am in major freak out mode.

The topic ‘9-29-12 Brides. What's pending on your to do list?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors