9 at a table…stressing out! Will it be okay?

posted 3 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
1747 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Don’t freak out! We successfully squeezed nine at several tables at our reception as well. It worked out perfectly fine because people spent very little time at the tables themselves. They were all working the room, dancing, walking about…just a little squeeze during meal time but none were worse for the wear! 

Post # 4
6273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

you will be fine! don’t worry.  9 will fit.

Post # 5
563 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@bb1646:  That should be fine! It will be a little tight but just put a younger crowd at that table; they probably won’t spend much time seated anyway! OR you could rent 3 72″ tables which easily fit 10 guests and disperse them throughout the reception so it won’t be as noticeable!

Post # 6
3570 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I did between 8 and 10 at that size table

Post # 7
498 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

You will be fine, we fit 9 people at the 60 inch tables. We had to do 10-12 people at few of our tables (but those were 90 inches) and the guests were comfortable there as well.

Post # 8
2325 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We’ve got 10 at most of ours, 1 9 and 1 11. You’ll be fine.

Post # 9
10748 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Don’t worry! The venue coordinator at my venue says people sometimes put 10 seats around a table meant for 8 and it’s still fine. 

Post # 10
6505 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

Almost all of our 60″ tables had 10 people at them. Some even had 11! I would personally rather be a little squeezed in with people I know as opposed to being split up.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors