9 days away

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 2
1076 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Maybe it will hit you on the day of? Not all brides have to be gushing to be happy about their wedding. I feel like that’s one reason why many elope. There aren’t those same bells and whistles and a couple can just be happy about their new life together.

A lot of it has to do with how we’re told we’re supposed to act. We see the blissed-out-of-her-mind brides on TLC and movies and we think that’s how it’s supposed to be.

I didn’t cry or get really excited when I found my dress. My family did, but I was calm. I’m happy to be married, but all this extra crap makes me resent it and wish we would have just eloped. I know what you mean.

Post # 3
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Hey date twin! Everytime someone asks “are you getting excited?!” i have to do this awkward yes/smile, because while i am rediculously exicted deep down inside, it’s mostly brushed aside by the stress of everything that has to happen in the next week and a half. I’m hoping after I do my drop-off and the stress is lessened it’ll be more gush-y exciting – hopefully for you too!

Post # 5
4441 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

alditt14:  I wasn’t excited either!  And didn’t get excited on the day, just really ridiculously nervous!

It’s like Christmas once you’re adult.  You look forward to it but you’re not child-like giddy.

Post # 6
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I am 10-11 days out, and no excitment. I am thrilled that I get to marry him, but it doesn’t show… Maybe it’s just the way some of us are made. *shurgs*

By the way, only 5 more days for you! WOO HOO! 🙂

Post # 7
2428 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Well I think that’s far better than you going batshit crazy right now! As long as you’re happy the day of, that’s all that matters! 🙂

Post # 9
2191 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Hey OP, would you like to say more about how it went?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors