(Closed) 9 days till wedding groomsman still not cooperating hurt angry vent!

posted 6 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
2879 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

That sucks. At this point, I think you should plan for what you will do if he doesn’t get a tux and just attends the wedding as a guest, so that if that happens you’re all prepared to deal with it. Imagine it going down like that and that everything will be okay. If you originally planned for even sides in the bridal party, figure out how you’ll have the bridal party walk if you’re down a groomsmen — probably two girls with one guy between them, or the odd girl out could walk on her own if she’d prefer. It will be a beautiful day no matter what! Remember that!

Post # 5
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

see i would have held it ransome for the tux measurements hahaha! Good luck date twin!

Post # 6
602 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@Jijitattoo:  I agree.  What a crappy thing to do, I don’t know what’s wrong with some people!

Post # 10
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

there is nothing you can do… we had one grooms man who ignore every single communication mechanicsm possible. facebook,email,text,phone. letter not only from groom, me and grooms father it was annoying. then he proceeded to get trashed the night before the wedding, he ended up over sleeping and being late for the formal pictures at hotel.

another groomsman forgot his hat.

and because my fiance had a siezure the day of the wedding things went alot differently then planned but in the moment of actual need and emergency both these guys stepped up got help, prayed, kept me somewhat non hysterical and manage not to freak the mother of the groom out..

just fingers cross he gets off his high horse and realize this day is urs and ur fiance

Post # 12
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

What an ahole. I would have asked to step down months before as it’s clear he had no interest in being in the wedding.

Post # 13
3583 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@ames12708:  My first instinct was that he may be depressed but it sounds like he feels wronged somehow.  Because I can be an imature twat, I would have responded to that text with ‘the wedding…or our friendship?’  An adult would have simply said long ago ‘I’m sorry but I can’t be in the wedding’ not been a passive aggressive stick in the mud. I would stop thinking about him or the stress of not having him in the wedding at this point because all it will serve is more anxiety and you have enough on your plate.  Let it go for now and if after the ‘moon, your husband wants to reconnect (for some crazy reason), then do so.  But don’t take it personal, this is all on him.

And don’t worry about the program, shit happens.

The topic ‘9 days till wedding groomsman still not cooperating hurt angry vent!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors