9 days till wedding — need to blast a zit!

posted 3 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
9019 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Poor baby!  Try 100% tea tree oil (but you might want to dilute it with water if you’re sensitive), that works for me, usually clears it up in a day or two.

Post # 4
4941 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@HayleyDee:  Ugh poor thing! Try a crushed up aspirin mixed with water to make a paste. Put it over the zit, and leave it overnight. It draws out the toxins, works every time for me!

Post # 5
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I would go to your local esthetician and have them zap if for you. I’m not sure what the machine is called, but my esthetician uses it on me whenever i’m getting a zit or pimple. She doesn’t charge me either. It usually clears the zit up within 24-48 hours. I mean completely gone. No pain, redness or swellng it’s amazing. It basically kills the bacteria in the zit. maybe ask around your local estheticians and see. Hope I helped.

Post # 6
202 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Barn

I second tea tree oil and would also recommend camomile lotion, that pink one used for itchy rashes and chicken pox. If you use the thick clay part that collects in the cap it really reduces redness (which will happen esp. if you’re using tea tree oil). It’ll also reduce the size of the zit. 

Honey also works but honey will bring it to a head, not shrink it. 

good luck!

Post # 7
3249 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@HayleyDee:  Polysporin/neosporin, and salicylic acid (the ingredient in EVERY acne remedy) to kill the bacteria.  Then exfoliate the sh!t out of it, and use toner.  Tea tree oil, as mentioned above, is also great.

Post # 8
1951 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@HayleyDee:  I second going to see a professional. The last thing you want to do is aggravate it right before the big day. 

That being said, I think giving the aspirin mask a try is worth it. Just make sure its uncoated. Crush it up and mix it with a tiny bit of water to make a thick paste. I have also tried it with honey, which is fantastic for the skin. 

Unfortunately, since it sounds like its a below the surface one, seeing a pro is probably the best idea. 

Post # 10
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I find that messing aound with my zit makes it worse :(… It usually comes to head and goes away quicker (and less traumatic) if I just leave it alone. Sounds hard to do but most of my friends who have beautiful, clear skin generally ignores their zits… Depending on the zit, 9 days is plenty for it to clear up….

Post # 11
1611 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’ve heard taking the aleve gelcaps (the blue ones) and putting a hole in it, and squeezing the gel onto the zit will get rid of in a matter of a few hours! (I have never tried this)

Post # 12
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I wouldn’t put anything on it.

I would simply pour some boiling water into a large bowl.

Carefully place a towel of your head and the bowel.

Steam your face every day until it disappears.

The steam will open up the pores and allow the sebum to break through.

Post # 13
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Go to a professional! The last thing you want is some homade rememdy gone wrong nine days before your wedding.

Post # 14
1193 posts
Bumble bee

Do you have a dermatologist you see? If its an under-the-skin one, they usually can inject it with cortisone. Makes my huge ones go away in 24-48 hrs. With my insurance it costs around $25 and my derm can usually get me in right away since its a nurse visit.

Post # 15
1926 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Okay, the last thing you want to do is irritate it. I would just run super hot water with a wash cloth under it and hold it against the zip for a few minutes to kill the bacteria. Then if it didn’t go down much in a few hours I would go to a dermatologist and have them take care of it. Most likely get a shot of cortizone into it. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors