9 Month old frustration!

posted 3 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
5460 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@ChocolateLime:  *waves* Hi fellow April mama!  Sorry she’s giving you such a fit about eating :/

We only switched to formula in the past month and a half or so, so I don’t have any specific advice.  Should you maybe ask your pediatrician?  I’m sure she’s not the first kiddo they’ve ever seen who has done this, they may have better suggestions for you.

I do have my own 9 month old rant though…

Will someone, ANYONE, please tell my Tiny Tyrant to SLEEP THROUGH THE FRIGGIN NIGHT AGAIN?  Where, oh where, did my great sleeper go?  4am does NOT mean party time.  I know she’s been getting teeth, but FOR REALZ GO BACK TO SLEEEEEEEP!

Post # 5
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi there,

I only breastfeed my now 18 mo, but I’ve often heard about stuff like that. The most common advice was to offer formula while baby was relaxed and calm, like before a nap, or right after she wakes from a nap, when she wakes in the morning, before night of even in her bath! Whatever works haha.

Also, have you tried letting her lie down and you hold the bottle for her, without holding her?

Lastly, maybe she’d like a bottle change? I know they do some different type that you can use starting at 9 mo. Here are some link so that you can see what I’m talking about :

http://nuby.com/en/nuby/cups-spouts/10128/

http://nuby.com/en/nuby/cups-spouts/10129/

Good luck!

Post # 7
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Have you talked to your Pediatrician about it? Unfortunately I don’t have any advice, but good luck. 

Post # 8
562 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@ChocolateLime:  @DaneLady:  April mamas!

H needs to sleep through the damn night, too, but he’s never been a good sleeper. So it’s situation normal here. :-/

So, regarding the formula intake…have you tried a straw cup? Some babies don’t do well with sippies, but will take a straw cup.

Post # 9
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@ChocolateLime:  I see. Here where I livr, at 9 mo you can switch a baby to 3.25% regular milk, as long as baby eats a variety of food. If you’re feeling good about that, maybe you could try it. I did introduce 3.25% milk around 9 mo, and gave it to him cold instead of warm, it went pretty well.

Hope this helps!

Post # 11
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

My little man, who is 9 months old right now, stopped using a bottle during the day around 5/6 months. He started using a straw sippy cup because he was so nosy and knew a bottle would put him to sleep….maybe try a straw? I don’t know…I’m sorry mama! I hope it gets better for you!

Post # 12
1472 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@ChocolateLime:  the straw cups for babes are a lot easier than real straws. My guy could drink from one of those months before a real straw (he is now 14 months). Also, grab a couple different straw cups, and try them yourself. Some are much harder than others. 

My little guy had the opposite problem, and only wanted to bf instead of eating solids. He fell off the weight charts, but is doing better now. Sorry I have no advice. Except, could you try a temperature change? My guy only likes whole milk lukewarm. just a thought. 

Post # 13
562 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@ChocolateLime:  See if you can find Lollacups. The straw is weighted at the bottom. They’re pretty cool.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors