9 months til the wedding. Been at a plateau for 3 years…

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
138 posts
Blushing bee

First and foremost, you’re in a healthy weight range and you look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING in your dress.

With that said, I’ve heard that sometimes people’s bodies are just a certain way, and once they are at their ideal weight, the body will just stay there no matter how much further you try to whittle it down. Of course, I know that won’t make you feel better… Have you talked to any personal trainers at your gym? Maybe they could specifically point out the best way to work out your arms so as to burn fat without piling on tons of muscle… To me, when I think of weightlifting, I immediately imagine bulk being added to the arms rather than the arms becoming more lean.

Now, if you’re absolutely desperate to try to force your body to start losing, I’d suggest the Dr Bernstein diet. I lost 40 pounds on that, and I’m the type of person that has tried everything with no results. Its just a very strict diet program. Once you’re done, they switch you onto a weight maintenance program where they incorporate all the foods that they make you cut while you’re dieting. It is a great program. I’ve been off of it for a year and only regained 3 pounds. To maintain after you leave the program entirely, I find that you can eat whatever you want so long as you continue the portion control you learned on the diet.

Post # 5
138 posts
Blushing bee

@newcitylights:  No problem! Like I said, its strict, but it is soooo worth it. And if you were 125 before, then ignore what I said about bodies, haha. If I had ever been at 125, I’d certainly want to be back there too. Maybe one day, haha. 😛 Good luck slimming down for the wedding! But hey, like I said, you look great so don’t stress too much!

Post # 6
179 posts
Blushing bee

This TOTALLY happened to me. I’m 5’7 last year I hit an all time low of 200lbs. I couldn’t lose any weight. I ate like a rabbit. 800-1000 calories a day. Egg whites and produce. Worked out A LOT. I had my thyroid tested by my obgyn who told me I was normal. My next doctor told me the same thing before sending me for a thyroid ultrasound which came back abnormal and after a bunch of other bloodwork they found out I have hashimotos disease. Thyroid autoimmune disease. Make sure they test you for antibodies AND TSH levels. The TSH level of “normal” is a huge range and everyone is different!! 

Since getting tested and now medicated I lost about 30 pounds in 6 months. I also did atkins Diet… Which my doctor told me was healthy as long as you are fit and active. You can totally break the plateau I have faith! 

And also your dress is GORGEOUS!!!! You look phenomenal! 

Post # 7
634 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I have been where you are before… I am 5’7″ and was 135 lbs forever (totally healthy weight I know but I have a very small frame and had a lot of flab) I thought that it was just my age and that I would be that weight forever. Then I ballooned up to 157 while living in Australia and decided that I needed to lose it asap! I put myself on a very strict eating plan… no diet, just common sense and went to the gym 5 days a week. I ended up going down to 121 and stayed there for 4 years (I’m now back to 130 after letting myself go for a bit but will work to get back to about 125)

Here’s what I recommend:

Eat all day, but eat healthy and wisely. Don’t let yourself starve, but let your tummy get hungry before you eat. If you let your body go into starvation mode you will end up overeating ans storing the extra calories. Also eat your protien first and drink lots of water. 

For working out, I think you need to switch it up. It sounds like you work our regularly and are very strong, but your body gets bored and stops responding if you don’t surprise it every now and then. So I’d suggest signing up for something like a spin class, or trying something new like crossfit or something. Hopefully that will shock your body into responding. Plus, a class keeps you accountable and you can convince a friend (or BM) to join to!

Post # 8
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Im almost exact same measurement. I actually find I weigh more when I work out, is that crazy even light lifting. I had a personal trainer all summer and was 144 now not working out I am 137. I try to eat 1200-1500 calories a day. I eat very healthy nothing fried, no bread, Etc minus my alcohol intake which is relatively high. I even did a 12 day detox and lost a mere 2 lbs. I want to be 125 by my august wedding ugh. I hope something works out for us!

Post # 9
305 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@newcitylights:  

# 1, you look stunning in your dress ! I don’t see the need for you to lose weight.

#2make sure you want breakfast every single day. Breakfast will kick start your metabolism. If you don’t, you go into starvation mode, and just store whatever you eat no matter how much/how little youve eaten. 

#3 drink Luke warm lemon water in the morning- helps metabolism plus other benefits

#4 snack! Eat every 2.5-3 hours no more, no less. You gotta keep your metabolism working all day!

#5 no diet pop! the aspertame will make you more hungry and cause overeating

#6 limit alcohol intake 

#7 drink lots of water

#8 keep up you exercise routine

hopefully this helps you reach your goal 🙂

Post # 10
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@newcitylights:  Have you every gotten your thyroid tested? Maybe you have an underactive thyroid I’m also getting married in a little less than 9 months and haven’t been able to lose weight for 2.5 years ever since I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. It’s really sucked but I’m determined to try to lose 10 pounts in the next 9 months! Good luck!

Post # 11
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@newcitylights:  Sorry to post again but after re-reading your OP I really think you should get your thyroid tested! You work out so much and it’s posisble you need medicine to get your thryoid working properly. PM me if you want to!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors