9 mos PP and possibly preggo????

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
4440 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

If it didn’t even have a control line, the test is invalid…I would wait until Friday and test again with FMU.

Post # 4
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@mrsmjm:  Yes you can definitely potentially be pregnant with EBF even if you haven’t gotten a period yet. Happened to one of my friends!

Post # 5
8592 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

If you weren’t using birth control I think you can definitely be pregnant!

Post # 6
563 posts
Busy bee

@mrsmjm:  I don’t have any children yet, but I know 2 women who just had their second babies this summer (their first babies are only 1 year old) and they were BF when they got pregnant. So I know it is possible!

Post # 7
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@mrsmjm:  Yes, you can get pregnant before getting your period because you usually ovulate before having a period.  The thing is that since your PP cycle is usually really long you don’t know whwen your body is going to kick back into gear and ovulate.  That’s why it’s still recommended to use contraception even if you are EBF.  I would recommend taking another test to be sure since it sounds like the test you took was a bad test (no control line means the test was either expired or there was something wrong with the test strip.)

Post # 9
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@mrsmjm:  Get a FRER or red/pink dye test.  They are easier to see faint lines on.

Post # 10
2696 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Don’t use a blue dye test..they’re so innacurate 🙁

Good luck!

Post # 11
5460 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@mrsmjm:  Ugh, blue dye tests are the devil!  Get a FRER 2 pack and test again tomorrrow morning with FMU, then again the next day if tomorrow’s is negative.

Post # 12
4440 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@mrsmjm:  DONT hold it up to a light!!!! its just the test marker (most likely) because if you hold up a non-peed on stick itll do the same! don;t get confused!

I’m still hoping for you though, buy a First Response please! And don’t hold it up to ANYTHING! if you have ANY doubt just take the test apart after and look at the stick itself.

Post # 13
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Something that always stuck with me from 19 Kids and Counting (and I don’t even watch that show). Michelle Duggar said she always knows she’s pregnant when her breastmilk turns, and the new baby won’t drink it anymore. Killed the “breastfeeding as BC” idea for me.

Post # 14
844 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

It happened to me when 

my first son was only 3 months old! Get yourself a FRER and test again tomorrow! Then please let us all know how it went! Good luck!

Post # 15
778 posts
Busy bee

You definitely could be! Maybe take a test that says “pregnant” or “not pregnant” to ease your mind!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors