(Closed) 9 weeks and spotting

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
9825 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Go to the doctor if only for your own peace of mind, but for what it’s worth that sounds normal to me. I spotted at 8 1/2 weeks, I had brown spotting, mucous and a little ball of soft pink tissue as well. I was terrified and thought I had miscarried, but my doctor explained it’s normal early in pregnancy. Good luck, I know how unsure the first trimester feels.

Post # 4
1032 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

When I spotted at 6 weeks it was also a little mucous like.

Here are some of the things I have heard:

Brown means old blood and sometimes it takes time for it to come out. Even blood from your last period isn’t “all” gone when you have your period so that can sometimes be the old blood

With all the extra blood flow, you can get bleeding from the cervix, not just because of sex….just because there is a lot more blood flowing thru you so you can burst blood vessels, etc

Also, I have read in books that you are also most likely to spot about the time of your period early on, because the hormones that tell your body to not have a period, aren’t that strong yet, so sometimes your body can bleed a little bit.

Call the doc and they will get you in to make sure things are ok

Good luck. I know how scary it is.

Post # 5
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I would go to the doctor ASAP. I don’t want to scare you, but I had very light spotting during my first pregnancy and when I called about it they said it was normal. So I waited until my 12 week apt, and during that time we didn’t hear the heart beat and they said I miscarried at 6 weeks (when I was spotting). However, during my current pregnancy I spotted around 5 weeks and bled around 9 weeks, and I’m currently 19 weeks with everything going good so far. You just never know, and if it were me I’d feel better going to the doctor now then just waiting and worrying.

Post # 6
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

I also recommend calling the doctor right away. They can do two blood tests (48 hours apart) to check your pregnancy hormones to make sure they double.  I had the same brown spotting and miscarried last summer. (Never had any red bleeding) But as you can see from above, many women have this spotting and the pregnancy is just fine. But like the previous poster said, it is better to get it checked out than to worry. Worrying isn’t going to give you answers or help you to stay calm during pregnancy. When I called my doctor and told them I was spotting, they had me go get the 1st blood test that afternoon. I would call now! Just remember that many women do have spotting and it is perfectly fine. So try not to worry. Keep us posted! πŸ™‚

Post # 8
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Aww, try not to be upset.  Looks like a lot of people have had experience with this and it was fine.  This also happened to my mother (can’t remember how far along it was, but I remember she was upset), and it was fine.  Just try to stay positive πŸ™‚

Post # 9
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I had spotting throughout my pregnancy. It was scary and also annoying after a while because I had to go to L&D every time to be checked out. I was always fine.  Good Luck! =)

Post # 10
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Definitely go to the doctor, as everyone said spotting can be very normal. When I had my miscarriage, my spotting was a really bright red.

Positive thoughts and good luck!

Post # 11
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

I’m sure everything will be just fine! Try to think positive! Spotting is very common in pregnancy. The Bees are here for you. πŸ™‚

Post # 13
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Oh, I’m sorry you have to go through this stressful situation. My best wishes and prayers.

Post # 14
1032 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Oh Hun! I am so sorry…what a terrible day! πŸ™ 

I’m thinking about you and I hope everything is ok

I know that I had myself SOOOO worried that night before I went in to see the dr when I was spotting. I waited in the waiting room for what felt like forever and I was having terrible anxiety.  Then we finally did the ultrasound and I was SO relieved to see everything was ok.

I can really relate to how you are feeling.  Hang in there. Sending good thoughts.

Post # 15
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2007 - Bride's family summer home in the Adirondacks

Awww hugs!! I’m sorry you’re having such a tough time!!! I had spotting around then and was terrified, even though my nurse said it wasn’t something to worry about because 95% of the women who call her freaking out over spotting go on to have healthy babies. I didn’t believe her so I asked for an appointment anyway to check. Then, in the couple hours before I could go in, it turned to heavy red period-like bleeding and I was POSITIVE I had lost the baby. Zombie-like, I barely managed to get to my appointment to confirm what I already knew…and the ultrasound showed everything was perfect!!! I’m nursing my 3 month old right now πŸ™‚ They told me the brown is old blood thing, but also said it’s common to have red bleeding because of all the stretching going on in your uterus, can shake loose some blood that gathered before but wasn’t shed properly etc. Good luck!!!!!!

Post # 16
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Thinking of you and sending best wishes and positive vibes your way for your appointment!

The topic ‘9 weeks and spotting’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors