(Closed) 9 year old cousin job (already have too many flower girls)

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
3697 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I don’t think you’re obligated to include her in your wedding, especially if you’re not very close. I second the programs, or the guestbook idea.

Post # 4
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

why not get a wagon..have the 9 yr old pull a few of the lil ones down so they wont have to be carried?

Post # 5
1375 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I kind of see programs/guest book as consolation prizes, and a 9 year old might not want to do either of those things, or might be too shy to ask grown ups to take programs or sign a book.

If you really want her, you should ask her, since she is your neice.  If you do not, then just be sure to give her an extra hug on the wedding day, or maybe let her keep your bouquet, or give her a flower from it to wear in her hair during the reception.

Post # 6
11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

i guess it depends on how mature and confident she is.  i think handing out programs is a suitable job for a 9 year old.  some 9 year olds that i know are very articulate.  if that’s the case, maybe she can read a poem.  you don’t have to include her but if you do, play to her strengths and abilities.

The topic ‘9 year old cousin job (already have too many flower girls)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors