9 years together and still waiting

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
4043 posts
Honey bee

@BlueBonnets785:  Wishing you luck! My DH proposed on our 9 year anniversary and we got married on our 10 year anniversary. We are high school sweet hearts as well. 🙂

Post # 4
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@bmo88:  Mine proposed on our 9 yr anniversary too!! 

@BlueBonnets785:  I’ve been there!!! It’s worth the wait, trust me! Just focus on your relationship and don’t lose sight of why you are together. It’s easy to get caught up in the wedding envy when everyone around you is getting married but just remind yourself of how strong your relationship is!

Post # 5
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Hi Bees!

I found this post at just the right time!!! My boyfriend and I, who have been together since high school, will be celebrating 9 years on the 20th. I have been in waiting mode for a little over a year now…and these last few months have been TORTURE!!! I love that we are high school sweethearts, since you really don’t hear that quite often, but now I feel like it’s working against me! lol!

I have been hoping for an anniversary proposal, but now feel like it may not happen 🙁 I just checked our joint checking account and happened (ok, it was intentional) to take a peek at his savings account, and nothing has been taken out! We’re getting our ring from moissoniteco.com, so with production, shipping, etc, I find it almost impossible that it would get here in time 🙁 

The main issue for the past 1.5 years has been money…which is why there has been no proposal. Now the money is there…so what gives?!

It definitely does make it harder to see friends/family getting engaged/getting married when you’re still “waiting”…though I’m over the moon happy for all of them…I wanna be one of them 🙂

Post # 6
24 posts
Newbee

9 years for me too,  but you know I am happy to wait.   He told me he wants to marry me and have children but we will wait in our own time.  A co-worker dated her husband for 13 years before he popped the question.

Post # 7
1646 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

It will happen! I waited(not always so patiently) for 11.5 years. We are getting married OctoBer 4, 2014, which is just shy of our 13th dating anniversary. 

Post # 8
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I am in your same boat – only difference is its been 10 years and we met after high school….I had voiced my christmas wishlist to include a diamond ring but he is totally against christmas/new year/ v’day & birthday proposals….He wants the day to be a random day – but when will that day come

Stay positive it will happen when you least expect it to….at least thats what Im hoping anyways!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors