46 %
    I like Turtles! : (21 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 3
    11722 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I think there’s going to be a spinoff: “Green Card Divorces.”

I haven’t seen any of this actual show, and I doubt I will, but from the previews, it looks very, very bizarre.

Post # 4
    94 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2018

eallI saw the first episode! I really like it. I didn’t get the impression that the couples aren’t “real”, but I do feel like one of them, 21 year old who is engaged to the mormon 30 year old, is just wanting to be an American. It’s very fishy to me that she was talking to him for over a year as friends and didn’t start developing feelings for him until her work Visa was denied. She didn’t seem all that excited when he picked her up at the airport, and she never really smiles around him. Also, when she was describing how she felt about him, it didn’t seem heartfelt or genuine.

My fave girl is the beautiful 21 year old from Brazil. I think her name is Iziza? She is so gorgeous and seems sweet as can be.

Post # 5
    164 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I have lost all hope that any reality show is real haha. I am sure some of it is, and other parts scripted or told in a specific angle or something! But I am still a sucker for them! 

When I was in college I actually did a whole thesis on mail order brides so maybe I will watch this next time! 

Post # 7
    11772 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

I think they probaby are!

Post # 8
    94 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2018

@Billsgirl:  You’re thinking of the 26 yr old Colombian girl who is living with her FI’s parents. Iziza is living with her FI in California. They visited Hollywood’s Walk of Fame and she ran into someone dressed as Captain Sparrow and took a pic with him because she loves Johnny Depp. Her FI seems jealous and insecure and wouldn’t let the guy kiss her hand. In the next episode,  she is at a photo shoot, which does not surprise me at all. If you walk around in Hollywood with a face like hers, you will get pounced on by agents!  Lol.

Post # 9
    2878 posts
    Sugar bee

@bunny_foo_foo:  I agree, this is the most genuine couple and I believe they truly have feelings for each other. The Brazilian living at her FI’s home … poor girl. I think she’s way more liberal than those people. In the preview where they say ”good morning … please get a robe on”, I felt offended for her. His parents didn’t even try to get to know her either. I don’t think she’s with the right guy, she probably didn’t think he was so conservative, and I hope she doesn’t stay into that relationship. 

Post # 10
    2289 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

@Billsgirl:  Lol I just watched some clips

Mike and Aziza seem really… exceptionally uncomfortable around each other.

Post # 11
    292 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

I think the 21 year old with the Mormon is very sweet and genuine. She’s a cutie. But that girl who applied for a work visa and got denied is extremely fishy to me… She just does not seem genuine, and she doesn’t even act like she likes that man. And I agree with PP who said the one living with her FI’s parents is definitely much more liberal than his family. Not a good blend right there.

The first episode got me hooked and I’ll definitely continue to watch it!

Post # 12
    2289 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

@FutureWifeyV:  I haven’t watched an episode yet, but is that the blonde one with the 48 year old?  The one who got denied? 

Also, is Paola the one with the mormon?  

Post # 14
    292 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

@RenoSweeney24:  Kirlyam is the Brazilian with the Mormon. Aziza was the one who got denied, she was blonde for a time but she isn’t currently. Paola is the one who lives with her FI’s parents.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors