$9000 health bill put huge dent in wedding budget…

posted 3 years ago in Money
Post # 2
1888 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Have you tried negotiating or talking to the hospital about the bill.  Usually you can work out a payment plan or have part of it forgiven (ex. a few years ago I had to have emergency surgery, paid out of pocket with no insurance that cost me around $15,000.  I was able to talk to the hospital and the various doctors and reduce the cost by about half, still a lot but more manageable).  In addition look around at various organizations, they’re strapped too but sometimes they can help out with portions of your bill.  What you’re doing sounds like a great goal, just be sure that you aren’t setting yourself up for failure by making it too restrictive.

Post # 3
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Im sorry you’re dealing with this. I too have medical bills, wedding stuff, my FH debt,  family issues, and house stuff all in the mix. It’s really stressful. Try to make sure in the new budget you’re still having some fun along the way. Sometimes in the midst of saving we all need a carrot to keep us motivated. Maybe it’s a new nail polish, or a nice dinner, or a night out. Just don’t make it all about saving and forget to enjoy the journey you are embarking on. 

Post # 4
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I agree with renwoman. Work on medica bills. Call all the docotrs offices, labs, question all the charges. check online if it is going rate in your area for those services. If you call the hospital or dr office and tell them that if you have to pay full amount you  can’t but you could do something about lesser amount.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors