(Closed) 9.10.11 <3 an introduction. in need of advice please…

posted 7 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@mrs.ball2b: What kind of fabric is the dress? Is it bunched up at the bottom in the garment bag?

You will probably need to get it pressed/steamed prior to your wedding if the bottom is not hanging flat.

As for shoes, have you checked out zappos.com or 6pm.com? Also try looking at ninashoes.com.

I’m a September bride too and I cannot believe how quickly it seems to be coming!

Post # 4
6394 posts
Bee Keeper

I’ve always been told to not leave dresses in a garment bag because it can yellow the fabric. I’m no seamstress, lol, but it’s what they all tell me!

Post # 5
893 posts
Busy bee

Mine is in a garment bag in my closet (live with FI, but he doesn’t want to see it before the day so he won’t be peeking). It was also off the rack so it is already really wrinkly and will need a good steam cleaning before the big day.

Oh, it is also already an off-white color and with the wedding having a ton of vintage-y elements, I’m not bothered if the dress gets more yellow. πŸ™‚

Post # 7
6394 posts
Bee Keeper

@mrs.ball2b: I think I purchased mine back in August, lol, so you’re definitely not the only one who has bought one! Mine’s supposed to come in soonish :).

The topic ‘9.10.11 <3 an introduction. in need of advice please…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors