9/20/14 bees!

posted 3 years ago in September 2014
Post # 3
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Dallas, TX

@Snugglebee:  Yay yay yay! One year! I wished my FI a happy -1 year wedding anniversary today. He thinks I’m crazy.

Post # 5
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@kimmo416:  i did the same thing! haha so exciting!

Post # 6
1290 posts
Bumble bee

@Snugglebee:  

@Ctobin:  I’m glad I’m not the only one who is crazy… I emailed my MOH and said “today is our -1 year anniversary!” and she said she never would have thought of it that way… maybe as a “one-year-countdown” but not -1 year wedding anniversary, but it made sense to me! 🙂

Sorry to bump the post, but just wanted to say Hiiiiiii date twins!

Post # 7
1893 posts
Buzzing bee

@Snugglebee:  

@Blonde17Jess:  

@Ctobin:  

Ok 9/20/14 bees, I’m curious to hear how far you are in planning. We have our venue, flower vendor, DJ, and videographer so far. Next on my list is a photagrapher. We’ll be taking our engagement pics next month, and I’m going dress shopping next month. How far have yall gotten?

Post # 8
1290 posts
Bumble bee

@kimmo416:  I was so excited to see this message pop up!

Quick list of “done” items:

– Dress (mine and ladies’), Venues, Photographer, DJ, Save-the-Dates (printed, not mailed)

Quick list of “to-do” items:

– Caterer, cake, linens, decor, men’s apparel, invitations, accessories, bridal party gifts

We got engaged in March 2012, and I found my dress in August 2012.  We chose our photographer early on (the photographer from my friend’s wedding the previous year), but had to beg and plead for her to book our date.  We took our engagement pics in October 2012 thinking we would get married in October 2014 (but I wanted our e-pics to use for Christmas cards, calendars, etc., because I’m vain and we had so much time to wait).  We booked our ceremony and reception venues in October 2012 and set the date for 9/20/14, of course!  In January we visited a bridal show and chose a DJ and decided who we want to do our cake, but we haven’t made an appt or ordered it yet.  Then, we pretty much did NOTHING… I just set up our first catering appt the other day for next week.  Our venue has 4 preferred caterers to choose from, and this is the first that we are trying.  I’d like to try at least 2 before we choose, and then we will probably not work on the menu until much closer to the wedding.

Disclaimer – the giant time lags and extra-long engagement are because I’m in grad school and we each work a full-time and a part-time job in addition to school for me, so time is very limited, so I’ve had to fit things in as I can.  I am graduating in the spring though, so I should still have time to nail down all of the final things.

Post # 9
136 posts
Blushing bee

@kimmo416:  

@Snugglebee:

@blonde17jess:

sounds like you’re coming along! it’s crazy that we still have 11+ months and have so much done.

We have our venue, church, photographer, videographer, flower vendor, DJ, DRESS!, engagement photos done, and STDs printed (but not sent). Next on the list to start thinking about bridesmaid dresses 🙂

We got engaged midway through June and summers at my office are pretty slow so i was able to get a lot done early-on. Q4 at my job is insane, not to mention i’m going to grad school at night so getting most of my wedding stuff done early was super important. Otherwise i’d probably still be trying to figure out a date!

I’m having so much fun wedding planning it’s crazy to me that people dread it. Are you guys having the same feeling or is wedding planning feeling like a chore?

Post # 10
1893 posts
Buzzing bee

@Blonde17Jess:  

@Ctobin:  

Wow you guys are so far along! That’s awesome! @blond17Jess, the long engagment must have been nice to get everything done without stressing!

@ctobin we got engaged around the same time as you, but we moved shortly after and my FI started a PhD program so we were busy adjusting to our new life and put wedding planning on the back burner. I’m in full swing now! I’m having a great time with it right now, but I’ve heard this is the fun part and closer to the wedding date it will get crazy. Hopefully I can keep on top of things and keep it from getting too stressful!

Post # 11
1290 posts
Bumble bee

@Ctobin:  I don’t feel like I’ve really gotten to enjoy it much yet because of being so busy, but when I am reading up and doing wedding things, I guess I do enjoy it.  Having a nice long engagement though makes it more relaxing when I can find time to do it, rather than being rushed to juggle everything at once and make it happen because we don’t have time to lose.  I bet the next 6 months will be insane as I finish up school and try to get stuff done at the same time!

Post # 12
136 posts
Blushing bee

@Blonde17Jess:  

I hear ya, i’m in the same boat! i finish grad school in may and am hoping to use the summer to nail down all those annoying little wedding details 🙂

Post # 15
1362 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Turf Valley

Woo!  11 months out.  Can’t believe we’re under a year!  We got engaged Dec 2012 – so another long engagement here!  Here’s what I have done so far:

• Venue (Ceremony & Reception at same place)
  • Photographer
  • DJ
  • Coordinator
  • MUA
  • Invitations
  • Florist
  • STD (sent out at 1-year mark for my 100% OOT family)
  • Officiant
  • Dress

That’s about it.  I still need to book a hair stylist.  I have an appointment on the 23rd for a trial!  I’m hoping to get as much taken care of as possible as early as possible so I can stress less later!  

Post # 16
84 posts
Worker bee

Hi there! I am also part of th 9/20/2014 month twins club!

You all have quite a bit done, thats great! I hav also been a busy bee. I can’t believe it is about 8 months away!!!

I have done:

-venue, menu choice, photographer, photobooth, DJ, wedding dress, church and musician booked and bridesmaid dresses, decorator, wine barrels booked

I have to do:

-make centrepieces, invitations, seating chart, and tissue pomanders

– book the tux rentals, registry, pick out music, legal marriage stuffs,

I am sure there is more to do but I am drawing a blank right now! Oh and figure out the ceremony style. lol

I did find it all stressful at first, mostly because I wanted a venue where I cuouldn’t afford to invite all my guests. So I switched the venue, and while it doesn’t even compare to the first one I wanted it will be a wonderful wedding just the same 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors