Post # 1
I seriously cant believe we are getting married in 3 weeks…23 days!!!! OMG. I remember when I first got engaged in September 2011 and was so excited about it. I still am but its actually feeling real now. Its felt like I have been planning a huge party but now it feels like a wedding. All my vendors are contacting me, I am getting peoples RSVPs, I have my marriage license…GOSH!
What are you dreading after the wedding?
I am kind of dreading coming home from the honeymoon and having nothing to look forward to…besides my bday which is 2 days later. I will be so bored at work.
What are the top 3 things you are most looking forward to on during your wedding weekend of activities? (Besides marrying your FI!)
1. My Thursday night Mexican Fiesta Potluck! I am going down Thursday night and most of my family will be coming in then as well and we get to have a lil party!
2. Rehearsal dinner/pool party! I am SOOOO excited about this since we are doing a formal reception and the rehearsal dinner will be super casual. We are doing a pig pickin’ at my parents club house that has a pool!
3. Giving my dad his father of the bride gift, and having a first look with him. Yes, I am a daddy’s girl!
So the big question….Whats left!?!?!
-Everything has been ordered except the tent cards (escort cards)
-I have my hair and makeup trial next weekend sept 7th
-I meet with the ceremony coordinator sept 7th
-Making the seating chart sept 7th
-Send out rehearsal dinner invites since I just ordered them
– whiten teeth
-Get a tan
-Lose 5 lbs
-try dress on one more time.
-Wait for everything I ordered the last two weeks to come in….
Post # 3
OMG I know!! I feel like I just got engaged yesterday and had all this time now only 3 weeks away ahhhh!! SO exciting 😀
-Had my dress fitting yesterday..Will pick it up in about a week and hope it doens’t need any more altering
-meeting with my florist this weekend to finalize everything
-Hair trial this Friday and new extensions the following week
-Lose last minute weight
-Finalize seating chart
-Make guest book this weekend
-Last minute DIY projects
-Waiting on last minute things I ordered to come in (dress hanger, straws, pillows to decorate outdoor benches at our venue……I’m sure I’ll be spending a lot more money on etsy the next few days lol)
Post # 4
@futuremrsgosselin: Oh Etsy!!!! Its gonna be the death of my bank accont!!! lol
Post # 5
- Wedding: September 2013 - B&B
AAAAnnnnddd now its just 12 days away! EEEK!
I think I am most dreading some of the things we need to take care of after the wedding… it looks like we might need to move around the end of November and there is a LOT to do in the inbetween time so I guess I am worried that I wont be able to just enjoy the glow from being married more than just a couple days before its like “back to the grindstone”. Ah well. Life.
I am most looking forward to… the bridesmaid sleepover with all my girls, (of course Fri before the wedding) the ceremony itself, and then DANCING my butt off wiht all my friends at the wedding! Woot woot!
I have left to do: glittering some of the bridesmaid shoes, my mom is making my brooch bouquet and our photobooth moon backdrop, we need to prep most of the food the days before, double checking with all the vendors to make sure things are ok… the seating chart poster, and some bar signs I think….ummmmmm…. Tanning! I am trying to get a little more tan! I have my hair appointment on Saturday…
blargh! I feel like there’s a ton to do but when I try to list it all at once I sorta just come up with a few things but I’m pretty sure that has more to do with missing stuff than being THAT on top of it haha.
Post # 6
What are you dreading after the wedding?
Going back to work… It’s going to be nearly non stop busy season for me until Thanksgiving
What are the top 3 things you are most looking forward to on during your wedding weekend of activities?
1. Seeing family that’s coming from out of town, haven’t in a while!
2. Wearing my full set!
3. Hearing all the toasts (my mom has spent a lot of time coordinating this, and I know there’s a surprise, a song, and a slideshow)
– Putting together the centerpieces (I did a trial for one, and it looks good)
– Making escort cards- this is what I’m dreading the most!
– Picking up my dress (tomorrow!)
– Need to tan! Hopefully the weather holds up next week!
– Maintain my weight, I lost about 5lbs since my fitting last month and the dress had to get taken in a lot to be ready tomorrow. So I have to maintain.
– Practice our first dance
Post # 7
@futurefishy: Omg, speaking of first dance, Fiance says he wants to do the Tango…..he cant dance. I asked him how he was planning on learning how to Tango in two weeks….he says YOUTUBE!!!! hahahaha!!!!
Post # 8
@jesssamesssa: That’s hilarious!
If you are willing to spend the money, you could learn the basics to a dance in 2 weeks. We’re doing a rumba, and neither of us have any dance background. I found a groupon for 2 private classes at a local ballroom studio, and now we just need lots of practice! They taught us the basic step, a turn, and one other move, so we won’t look completely clueless (but maybe off from the music? haha)