9/27/14 is one year away!

posted 3 years ago in September 2014
Post # 3
354 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Hi date twin, I know, I can’t believe its exactly one year away. I am not doing anything special today other than resting – feeling under the weather

Post # 4
177 posts
Blushing bee

Hi date twins! I can’t believe in a year I will be a married woman! No exciting plans for today– just hanging out with FI. 

Post # 5
312 posts
Helper bee

@bleusteel:  FI was away yesterday, but we did get each other “negative one” presents. I’m with you–what a trip to know that this time next year, we’ll be married!

Post # 6
795 posts
Busy bee

We just kept talking about how a year from today we’ll be married, and we cooked together. Unfortunately, I am quitting smoking and yesterday was the worst day (day 5) of withdrawal– complete with nausea– ick. that kind of ruined it!

Post # 7
6 posts
Newbee

Hey Bees,

I’m sept 27th as well. I will be doing a destination wedding ( Antigua). The only thing is I cannot find a dress.

Post # 8
7 posts
Newbee

also a date twin! The countdown is on.

Post # 9
169 posts
Blushing bee

Me too! Me too!! Well…as of now anyway hehe 

Post # 10
236 posts
Helper bee

Hey, a date twin here! Is it me, or has time suddenly sped up since it got less than a year away?!

Post # 11
92 posts
Worker bee

@TheLawrenceBride:  Time has definitely sped up since the T minus one year mark countdown has started. I can’t believe we have less than 10 months to go, and I haven’t done much more than secure a venue. I’m really going to have to get moving after New Year’s. 

Post # 12
236 posts
Helper bee

@RaeBee:  I know how you feel! We have a venue for the ceremony and the reception, and I bought my dress about 5 days ago, other than that we’ve got nothing done! Really need to get my bum in gear once Christmas is out of the way lol 

Post # 13
102 posts
Blushing bee

I’m a 9/27 wedding date girl as well! What are all of you doing this month? I just sent my STD… looking at details now (I love details, what can I say?). Small things like gifts for the bridal party…

Post # 14
376 posts
Helper bee

Another 9/27/2014 bride here! Anyone else have a crazy list of things to do? I’m in full on “book all the things” mode but totally feel like I’m forgetting something – major. lol. How ’bout you?

We’ve got our Church, Minister, Organist and Choir booked for the ceremony. We have our first meeting with the Minister tomorrow. The choir begins learning our music in the Spring, but I have the pieces selected.

Our photographer is booked and we’ve scheduled our engagement session for May 2 so we’ll have the pics back in plenty of time so I can use them in our DIY invitations. OMG time to diet!

We booked an all-in-one reception venue that takes care of the catering, bar, centrepieces, linens, … We have a DJ, florist, makeup artist, and hairdresser also booked. And I have my dress!

Going bridesmaid dress shopping on March 22 with my girls.

Still have to book a limo for the wedding day. Oh, and book a baker and pick a cake.

This might seem like I’m really ahead of the game, but we found our my FI is going in for heart surgery the last week of May (16 weeks before our wedding day!). He’ll be in recovery for 6-8 weeks. And then physio after that to get his stamina back up and running. So I just have to get my ducks in a row before that so I can focus on him.

Am I forgetting something? or am I just crazy? lol

Post # 15
169 posts
Blushing bee

@LastGirlStanding:  Holy Cow! I wish I had it together as well as you do!  lol I think you’re pretty well covered! Hope everything goes well with your FI and his surgery. It’s good that you have things so laid out…even if you’re forgetting something it will probably be small and easily handled 🙂 

Post # 16
102 posts
Blushing bee

I just ordered my dress tonight! Yippy!!!:) And for a less dramatic purchase, I also ordered sparkly flats online for $14 including shipping, haha.

Have you girls gotten the wedding bands yet? I wonder how long that takes? How much (if you don’t mind me asking) does a typical husband band cost? After putting the down payment for my dress I”m definitely pinching pennies…. :-/

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors