• poll: Which day is better for guests?
    September 4, 2011 : (5 votes)
    19 %
    October 9, 2011 : (21 votes)
    81 %
  • Post # 3
    7175 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

What percentage of your guest list will be OOT?

Post # 4
    11327 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

My vote is columbus day. I like an excuse to take off work 🙂 

Post # 5
    806 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I think you’d get more guests on Columbus day. 

If you do Labor Day (especially Sunday and not Friday night) – people basically have to build their holiday weekend around your wedding.  They can’t go away somewhere for the weekend if that’s what they usually do.

Post # 7
    3068 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I chose 10/9/11 because what an AWESOME wedding date that would be!

Post # 8
    617 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

I would personally prefer 10/9/11 but either way I would likely make it.  I think labor day is more difficult to plan around than Columbus Day.

Post # 9
    5494 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2011

If you’re having a Sunday wedding then a 3 day weekend is definitely better so that guest don’t have to take monday off from work and can stay late at the wedding.  So I chose labor day weekend.

Post # 10
    177 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I voted for 10/09/11 well uh because that’s the date we chose for our wedding date! I went the route of it being Columbus day weekend and I wanted to make sure that the weather was Fall but not too cold. I’ve been to weddings on the 4th of July, Memorial Day weekend, showers around Christmas.  My coworker is in the bridal party for a wedding the day after Thanksgiving and the bride & groom are planning the rehearsal dinner the day before Thanksgiving (IMO that’ taking up too much of a person’s holiday). With enough notice those who can make it to our wedding will do so. Those who can’t will just see the pics on Facebook lol! Go 10/09/11! 

Post # 11
    133 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I love the fall !!! and my date is 10-10-10 same weekend thing its a holliday and the weather is good for my hair lol ..

The topic ‘9/4/11 or 10/9/11’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors