(Closed) 99.999999% sure he’s NOT planning anything

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
2305 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I’m glad you got a chance to open up and talk to him. My bf was just like that always avoiding any talk of weddings and proposals. I can’t remember when or how but now we can talk about it fairly easily and it seems like we’re on the same page with everything.

I think its like a flood gate, when you get them to pass that initial fear (of ruining surprises, not knowing how to propose etc.) it makes so much easier for successive talks to take place.

GoodLuck it seems like you’re in the right track.

Post # 4
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

This is so great! I have a post planned on why I’m happy I didn’t keep quiet and “patiently” wait for a proposal. I feel like this is a perfect example of why bringing things up is so much better! 

My guy is no longer clueless because although I know it’s “wrong”, I’m very concerned with getting a ring that I like. So I would drop off little tid bits about figuring out my ring size or things I liked/didn’t like in rings. I think (and hope) I’m getting close to a proposal, so now he pretends to be clueless when I ask if he has any plans for the next few weekends or ask about proposal details. 

Post # 5
1279 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Oh I am glad it all worked out for you! Mine was having the same reaction to weddings for a while, and we finally talked it all out one day. It doesn’t mean it is going to happen anytime soon, but it does mean we can actually talk about our future together!

Post # 6
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Yay how exciting!!! I think it takes a nudge from us sometimes to get the ball rolling!!

The topic ‘99.999999% sure he’s NOT planning anything’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors