9am make up for a 5.30pm ceremony? Too early?

posted 3 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I personally wouldn’t want to be wearing my hair and makeup 7.5 hours before the ceremony! I was done 1.5 hours before, but granted, only took a few getting ready and dress shots.

Post # 4
243 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Do you cry easily? Or ‘muss’ easily? I tend to tear up during emotional days (like my wedding) and mess with my hair when nervous — so for me having everything done that early would be bad :p

Post # 7
pandaMember
1359 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

we started at 8 for a 5 pm ceremony and we were still running late!  I don’t think it’s that unreasonable, but with so many people, you might want to consider getting an assistant to help.

Post # 9
11379 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

i would suggest getting another mua to assist to shorten the time.

Post # 10
7193 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Nic01:  So that’s 1.5 hours of bridesmaid photos, and then 2 hours of photos including you (accounting for 1 hour travel)? That sounds like a lot. I can believe 2 hours altogether if that includes all photos (i.e. bride + groom photos, family photos, everything), but I don’t understand why the bridesmaids need to be ready 1.5 hours before that.

At the least I’d get different makeup arrangements for FMIL and FSIL. That’s very early to be made up. Especially in summer.

Post # 11
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I think it is way to early…in my case…we are hiring 2 MUAs and 2 hairstylists to work on 3 ppl each..(2 moms and 4 bridesmaids)…and then I will have another MUA and hairstylist who will be concentrating on me only..and will stay for touch up till the time we are done with our after ceremony pictures..This way nobody would have to start very early..

Post # 12
pandaMember
1359 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Nic01:  we had one person do 4 makeup, 1 hair, and then my hair and makeup. It took two hours to do my hair and makeup. We started around 8, and I was last. I started hair and makeup around 11:30 and we finished around 2.  I had a pretty elaborate hair style and my eye lashes would not stay on, so it took longer than it probably could have. To be honest, I can’t believe it took *that* long, even as I’m writing it out, but there ya go.

Post # 13
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

My hair and makeup were finished at 1:30 for a 5:30 wedding with first look shots. I had a super professional gal and let me tell you that sh*t wasn’t going to budge. My hair and makeup were rock solid, could have lasted for days. She bent the bobby pins with a needle nose plyers and my husband and I had to take turns pulling them out… took a few hours to get my hair free. Took about a week to get my fake lashes off and i only had a couple on each eye!! I had two hair trials before and on one my hair was coming loose by the time I got home. So I think it just depends. Do a trial if you haven’t and see how “sturdy” everything seems.

Post # 14
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@Nic01:  i think if your wedding is at 530 9 am is way to early i think like i guess since you need to be there for 230 for pics and stuff 130 or 2 dep on how long they will take 1for hair 2 for make up or 1230 to 145ish 

Post # 15
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We started our hair at 9 am for a 5 pm first look.  Makeup came around noon time.  I guess it depends on how many girls you have.  For hair we had 10 people.  Makeup I only had 8.  I had two people doing each hair and makeup.  It worked out perfectly for timing.

Post # 16
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

for all the weddings I have been a part of this is really normal. They use so many products that your hair and make up would look just as good 3 days later haha

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors