(Closed) A & B Guest Lists, Invitation Etiquette?

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
2532 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

SO I dont think you should send the B list people STDs because if you cant invite them they would be offended. This happened to us. FMIL made me send a STD to FFILs college roommate (OMG RANDOM) and then when it came time for invitations she said not to send him one! So I just listened to her. Then, come to find out he has booked a room at the hotel we have a block at! (our website was on the STDs so Im assuming thats how he got the information!)

We are about to send out our B list invitations and I asked FMIL if I should change the RSVP date and she said to just leave it.

Post # 4
1523 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

My best advice to you is to figure out what works for you and stick to it! It’s not always easy, but you have to do what works for you and FI.

Here’s what I have done:

-We do have A and B lists. They get tricky because you have to wait until you get down to a certain number before you start sending out B list invitations. You may want to have two RSVP cards with different dates printed. You will also have to figure out if you will ever send b list invites with your time constraints etc… In my opinion B list invitations are tricky. For us it looks like we will never send out B list invitations because so many people are saying yes to our wedding.

-We only sent STDs to a core group of family and friends that we knew for sure that we were inviting to the wedding. This saved a lot of headaches and we had more flexibility as to who got invitations.

– We have only invited children 12 and older to our wedding. We have been consistent about this throughout our planning. Some people who received invitations were not happy about it, but I have not let it bother me.

Good luck!

The topic ‘A & B Guest Lists, Invitation Etiquette?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors