Post # 1
Cinco de Mayo (Sunday) I went to a friend’s place for margaritas, hauling along a dozen limes since I hate sour mix. The friend didn’t have a juicer, so another girl and I squeezed all the limed by hand, rinsed out hands, and went outside in the sunshine to play outdoor games.
Monday, we both experienced what felt like a bad sun burn. Tuesday, we both started blistering. Wednesday looks even worse. We currently both have second degree burns all over our hands.
Evidently the combo of lime juice and sunshine causes really awful burns. It’s called margarita dermatitus.
I can;t believe I had never heard of this and I wish I had known. I wanted to get the word out there!
Post # 3
Thanks for the warning.
Hope your burns are healing.
Post # 4
Oh that sounds awful! Thanks for the heads up. I hope you both heal quickly.
Post # 5
Whoa! This is so interesting and weird, thanks for posting about it. With my casper skin, I can use all the sun protection advice I can get.
Also can I just say I thought this post was going to be about trendy wedding colors with fancy names? Because I did.
Post # 6
Oh no! I hope you heal up quickly!!!
Post # 7
Thanks! I’m feeling much better today: my hands still look awful but (day 4 from the burn) they don’t hurt anymore and are starting to heal. They just look gross! Day 3 (when I posted) was probably the worst of it.
It was a nasty shock having never heard of dermatitus due to lime juice before. I wanted to spread the word, especially to anyone having a wedding coming up. Evidently scarring takes up to 6 months to heal
Post # 8
@Bebealways: Bahaha! It really does look like that!
Post # 9
Oooh, this happened to a friend of mine last 4th of July. She was juicing limes for pitchers of mojitos, and ended up with blisters all over both hands. Ouch!
Post # 10
@BeachBride2014: omgoodness are you serious?! would have never guessed.