Post # 1
All right, show me I’m not alone and tell me what went wrong at your wedding. I’ll go first!
1) Our usually temperate area reached 35 degrees (that’s 95 to our neighbours to the south). We’re SOOO not used to this, so people were sweltering. More on this later.
2) On the way to the ceremony, my bridesmaid stepped on my dress and put a 6 inch hole in the skirt.
3) An overly expressive hand talker hit me HARD in the face with their elbow.
4) During the “jump shot” the photographer set up, the same bridesmaid who ripped my dress kicked another bridesmaid and put a good size gouge in her leg, which required some emergency first aid.
5) The photographer asked me to stand on the edge of a really pretty fountain for a shot, and I slipped on the wet edge, and ended up sticking a foot and the bottom of my 18,000 layer dress in the water.
6) (TMI coming up) After formal photos, the heat started to get to me, and I threw up in a few of our venue’s lovely potted plants in front of everybody waiting to go into the reception. As a result, all I got to eat at our reception was ginger ale and a bun… and I’m pretty sure many of our guests are thinking I’m pregnant.
Luckily none of this makes us any less married! And the photos look like everything went perfectly 🙂
And my fantastic husband took me through the McDonald’s drive thru in our formal wear at 1am. Since I lost my lunch and didn’t get dinner, I was STARVING by the time our wedding was over.
Post # 3
@SapphireSun: Oh no!!!! All of that is awful but totally fixable. You ended up married and that was the point right?! I’m glad the rest of your day was perfect and McDonalds drive through in a wedding dress sounds AWESOME!!! Congratulations sweetie!
Post # 4
I think it just went to show that all the planning in the world (I was beyond prepared!) won’t stop certain things, and you just have to roll with it.
Post # 5
yay this is great (not that the stuff happened) Its such a relief to know that even when this stuff happens you can stil smile at the end. what was most important is that you are married…and who cares of youre preggers? youre married! congrats
Post # 6
Aww I’m sorry those things went wrong! Despite everything, you still sound very positive, and I can’t wait to see pics! Someone told me their best advice was “10 things will go wrong in your wedding, so if you can accept that they’ll go wrong, you will be able to enjoy yourself.”
Just curious… did the McDonald’s employee look surprised at all when you two showed up in your formal attire?
Post # 7
@SapphireSun: Congratulations! It has been SUPER hot in Van hasn’t it? I’m glad you had a great day despite a few snafus.
Post # 8
Congratulations on getting married!! Sorry to hear about things going wrong, but I’m happy to hear that you can talk about them lightly and look on the bright side of things. Yay!!
Post # 9
The McDonald’s employee was totally cool. Just said congratulations and asked how it went.