A night-reception wedding for under 6,000

posted 2 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
45 posts
  • Wedding: September 2015

That is doable if you do your research and also depending on prices in your area.  I am having my wedding on a friday in sept 2015 and the cost for buffet dinner at a hall and ceremony cost comes out to $6600 for 120 people.

Post # 3
564 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

If you are doing it later in the evening- you could easily get married on a Friday as a PP suggested.

If you plan your ceremony to start at say 7pm (after the expected dinner hour) you could have a dessert-only, or a appetizers-only or some combination thereof instead of serving a full meal to your guests.

Be careful with backyard weddings as you will likely have to rent a tent and other equipment so make sure you price it all out first to make sure it is within your budget. Although backyard at night could be really gorgeous in the summer with torches and sparklers and stuff!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  plum_pudding.
Post # 4
61 posts
Worker bee

I think it’s doable.  We are probably going to go with Maggiano’s (restaurant) for the reception and it will be under 7,000.  My friend had a backyard wedding and she said the biggest expense was the tent

Post # 5
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

sfigu16:  It’s definitely do-able, with a bit of work! We are spending about $13,000 with 65 guests. It depends – are you having a DJ, alcohol, catering etc? If so it would be hard to keep it at $6000 but not impossible. It also depends where you live. Our area is extremely expensive so even keeping it at $13000 was really hard. We are having a restaurant cater and the food for everyone (which is a ton!) will come about to about $2500, whereas the wedding caterers we contacted were $6000 at the cheapest. But we do have to get rentals as well, so that brought us to about $3200. Still way cheaper though.

Post # 6
5 posts

I am having my wedding in colorado for $3,500 with 50 people, that includes everything! We are having it at a hotel, that provides everything for us. I did a lot of DIY decorations and found ways to get great invitations and programs for very cheap! With a backyard wedding you do need to rent a lot of equipment, chairs, tables, tent.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors