(Closed) A Very Long & Pic Heavy Recap of Bachelorette Party!

posted 6 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
4465 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Aw thanks for sharing that. I enjoyed reading that. Your sister is a great sister and friend to have!

Post # 5
3297 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

Really great post! It’s so true. We can’t hang on to the past forever. Marriage is a BIG step forward and you seem so mature and ready for it ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 7
894 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Thanks for sharing your story. I actually just pulled the plug on my bachelorette party that I was pretty sure would haved ended up like yours. I feel like I have just grown apart from most of my friends and while I would love to have a nice, relaxing, fun weekend at the beach with them I could see a lot of them backing out and then the cost going up for the few girls that did care enough to come. But, if it helps at all, you are gorgeous and looked so cute ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

The Barbie theme is so creative and fun! You pulled off Bridal Barbie wonderfully ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
6249 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

I had that realization after college too.  Didn’t help that every single one of my college friends moved away, lol.

Looks like you still had a great time and the theme is so cute!

Post # 14
989 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

OP, so sorry that some of your friends backed out.  I’m so glad you still had a wonderful time with the ladies who were able to make it.  What a great theme!  I loved the different Barbie outfits. Laughing  Your MOH is amazing!

I decided to keep my bachelorette very small – just my 2 MOHs and my 2 BMs – because I was afraid of something similar happening: MOHs go all out to plan something nice and people back out at the last minute.  Like you, the friends I had concerns about are ones I made in school who I no longer live near.  You seem to be handling this with a lot of grace – I was resentful about my changing relationships for a time, then sad, so you’re doing better than me!  It took (takes) a conscious effort on my part to not take it personally when physical distance causes emotional distance.  It’s a flaw I recognize in myself that I’m trying to work on.

The topic ‘A Very Long & Pic Heavy Recap of Bachelorette Party!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors