(Closed) Acceptable Gap Between Ceremony & Reception?

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m from PA as well and I have a 2PM ceremony and a 5:30PM Cocktail hour.  I think that for the locals they will be used to it and will know what to do with the extra time but I don’t think it’s a bad idea to include suggestions.

Post # 4
5670 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

This was my absolute biggest stressor in planning our wedding. But it turned out not to be an issue at all. This gave our guests time to go check into to their hotel room or just relax a little bit before the reception began. I do recommend making sure all guests know. On your invitations do not list that the reception is immediately following. Just state that the reception will begin at 5:30 this seemed to allow people to plan accordingly. We got married at a country club that had a bar and restraunt that we ran a tab at for those that came early and also since we used a local hotel I had a shuttle pick everyone up at the hotel and bring them to the reception. This happens a lot and there really isn’t anything you can do about it so my advice would just be to make sure your guests know and do not stress.

The topic ‘Acceptable Gap Between Ceremony & Reception?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors