Accessories & Jewelry Ideas for Casablanca 1975

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
3928 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Elizabeth_05:   You look fabulous in that dress!! I tried it on early in my search – it’s lovely!  I agree, vintage earrings and a bracelet would be perfect.  And while I’m at it, I will suggest a chapel length veil.  lol  Or longer since the wedding is in a church.   As far as the shoe, I’d go with a lovely material and leave the embellishments to the dress, but that may not be your style at all.    Your dress is gorgeous!!!  

Post # 4
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I saw someone wear this dress this summer! She wore her hair down, with a raw cut edge cathedral length veil and some dangly sparkly earrings. It looked really nice and classic on her! I think you could get away with a more “statement” earring and a bracelet if you wanted, but no necklace, you don’t want to distract or take away from the delicate beading on the straps! She had the ivory/ivory color option, I think with the champagne underlay I would keep it simple! The detail of the dress will really pop with the contrast. 

Post # 5
Hostess
10856 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Elizabeth_05: Before I read your text I thought exactly what you wrote ‘I’m thinking statement/vintage earrings and a bracelet (no necklace).’ Vintage shoes would go perfectly too. Looking forward to seeing your complete look!

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi! I wore the Casablanca 1975 for my March 2014 wedding (I had it made strapless) and I ended up wearing the Benajamin Adams Athens (http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/benjamin-adams-athens-pump/3550666)  But I also tried the Badgley Mischka Goodie, which I LOVED but ultimately returned when I found the Benjamin Adams shoe (http://www.badgleymischka.com/Evening-Shoes/GOODIE – it can also be found at Nordstrom and Zappos.com) which I think would be perfect for what you described.  Badgley Mischka also has several other beautiful satin shoes with broaches if the Goodie is too high for you.

I also wore a vintage drop earring by Nadri (http://www.dillards.com/product/Nadri-Cubic-Zirconia-and-Crystal-Drop-Earrings_301_-1_301_501994546?df=03030288_zi&categoryId=614989&scrollTop=0 and a cathedral length veil (photos attached). I did not wear other jewelry because, like you, I did not want to overshadow the beautiful detailthey look more vintage in person)  of the dress.

Post # 6
6 posts
Newbee

I wore these shoes (the Pelle Moda Gretel sandal from Nordstrom in “Rose Taupe”) with my champagne Casablanca 1975: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/pelle-moda-gretel-sandal/3572624?origin=category&BaseUrl=Wedding+Shoes

They were PERFECT — more money than I usually spend on shoes but certainly not too expensive, not too high of a heel, incredibly comfortable, and since they were sort of champagne-y colored, they “matched” the feel of the dress perfectly. Plus, they’re clearly pretty enough to be wedding shoes, but since they aren’t too WHITE BRIDAL WHITE, I’m easily able to re-wear them. In fact, I wore them before my wedding to my bridal shower & my rehearsal dinner, and I’m already planning on wearing them to basically all other weddings/bat mitzvahs I have to go to until they get too old to stay on my feet! 🙂

Post # 7
6 posts
Newbee

For jewelry — all of my jewelry was my “something borrowed” from family members, so I don’t have links to share or anything, but I wore a simple diamond necklace (see picture) and small, diamond flower earrings. I have two holes in each ear, but I didn’t wear an earring in the second hole on my wedding day to keep the jewelry simple. Anything too big or “statementy” overwhelms the dress, especially since there is so much lace detail up top (you don’t want it competing with your necklace or earrings). And the diamond picks up some of the sparkle in the dress.

I wore a hair comb from Etsy pinned into my updo (https://www.etsy.com/listing/157928381/vintage-style-bridal-hair-combcrystal?ref=listing-shop-header-0) which I thought looked absolutely perfect with the dress. Loved it. You can see it in some of the pictures below.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Post # 9
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2016

kamikrish:  I have a size 12 never worn that I JUST got this may. Unfortunatly I ordered wrong 🙁 It is a champagne with ivory overlay and I can definitely send you pictures of it as well. I bought it for 1400 but would resell it for 1250

Post # 10
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: restaurant

aphayes:  That is GORGEOUS!! I’m looking to buy my dress now, but I can’t decide on which color I want. I already ordered a Maggie Sottero in ivory/champagne after trying on ivory/ivory and the champagne totally washed me out! Is yours ivory on ivory?

Ladies- what would everyone else do if they were me? I’m sort of pale with skin thats more pink than olive (and yes I could get a spray tan, but I still wouldn’t be very dark). I like the idea of ivory over ivory, but does it make the sequins and beadwork look like little girl’s dress up? Ultimately, I care most about what flatters my skintone, but I also want a really elegant looking dress. I’ve never tried this dress on but I’m headed there tomorrow to try on the ivory over champagne version!

Post # 11
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: restaurant

psychgrad:  Love the straps on yours! Did you had lace added? And what color satin underneath did you do?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Lyssie.
Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2016

aphayes:  That is a BEAUTIFUL veil! Where did you get it? I also ordered 1975 but am having it custom made with a trumpet shape so there is a little more poof at the bottom. I am keeping the straps too. *Also, did you get an Ivory/Ivory dress or white?

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2017

pls72:  has your dress came in yet?? i would love to see it with the trumpet shape!!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors