(Closed) Adding a Corset back to a Casablanca 1992

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Add a corset back?
    Leave the dress with the zipper : (17 votes)
    81 %
    Add a corset to the ivory/champagne dress : (3 votes)
    14 %
    Only add a corset if purchasing the dress in all ivory : (1 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 3
    1276 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

What would you do with the button detail if you replaced it with a corset? I love the dress as is and I think if you are worried about it not fitting on your day, there are other ways of making sure that it does instead of completely changing the dress. I’d be afraid that it would ruin the dress. 

Post # 5
    9029 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

In my opinion the zip and buttons look is much nicer and more modern, plus corset dresses only look good if the person who laces you up does it tight enough in the right places, but with a zipper you dont have to worry about that

Post # 6
    1 posts
    • Wedding: March 2012

I have this dress and wanted a corset, I ordered it from the shop with a corset (meaning casablanca actually did the alteration) and it’s perfect.

Post # 7
    1271 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

i’ve heard of something where they can do a short corset (like, to the waistline, or in your case, to the edge of the detail) with a zipper continuing underneath (so there’s still a long split to make getting it on and off easier)…would something like that work?

Post # 8
    3 posts
    • Wedding: October 2012

Are you willing to sell your dress? I think it is the most beautiful dress, but I cannot afford to purchase a brand new one. 

Thank you so much for your help

Post # 9
    7904 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

I prefer the zipper.  It looks cleaner.

Post # 10
    39 posts
    • Wedding: May 2012

I think it looks better without the corset, but I can understand you want the best fit on your wedding day. I think either way, in the end, will be fine. 

Post # 11
    1 posts
    • Wedding: June 2012

What did you end up doing?  If you did the corset, please let me know how it turned out as I just did the same to an 1876 and am very curious as to how it might turn out.

The topic ‘Adding a Corset back to a Casablanca 1992’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors