- 7 years ago
- Wedding: July 2011
Hi Ladies. My best friend and MOH is due Saturday and maybe getting induced tomorrow!!!!! (We will find out in a couple hours) This is her and her husbands first baby and it took about 2 years to conceive and ALOT of fertility meds, miscarriages and heartache! Everyone is SOOOOOO extatic about her baby! I dont get to go be there when she is having him because she lives a few hours away and with work and everything I cant take off- I had surgery in March and have NO days left. But they are throwing me a Bridal Shower up there (where she lives and FI is from) in 2 weeks so I will go then. However she is from my hometown and her mother will be leaving in the morning to head up for his birth. I have gotten a book for her & her hubby – Why A Son Needs A Mom & Why A Son Needs A Dad… 100 reasons… THEY ARE SO FLIPPIN CUTE BOOKS!!!! But I’m also writing her a letter to read after she has him, we have been best friends since kindergarten, and I’m trying to think of just little advice or little things to add to my letter for her to read that I’ve learned as a mother! I’ll list what I have and I’m looking for a few more to add… what have you ladies learned or what would you add to tell your BFF thats having her 1st baby!
– Be Ready for the wildest ride of your life!!! : )
– You Can NEVER take or have TOO many pictures of your baby
– There is nothing in LIFE like hearing “I love you mommy”
– Dont ever forget to take an hour for yourself for a bubble bath or something every once in a while
– Make up & beautiful hair are a thing of the past for a while- You will always be beautiful; but a mother has a certain beautiful mess look about her that just makes her radiant without all the makeup & hair
– Sleep….. HAHA! After 3years I still dont know much of what that is!
– No matter what anyone ever tells you- you can NOT hold your baby too much- he will not be spoiled; just LOVED
– Everything your baby does will be adorable… and most of the time gross! 🙂
– You can never talk about your baby too much- your a proud mama!
– Be prepared to laugh, smile, & cry more than you ever have in your life!
– From now on; your heart & soul will be walking (or crawling) around outside of your body
– Everything in life that you thought mattered so much (except your DH and family) will seem so small compared to that amazing little boy
– His smiles, laughs, tears, & accomplishments will be the reason you wake up in the morning
– I always held or rocked my daughter to sleep because I dont believe a child should fall asleep alone- they should feel safe & loved and will never hear I love you enough!
and MOST OF ALL…. Cherish EVERY SECOND, you can never get this time back and it goes by way too quickly!
CAN YOU BEES ADD ANYMORE?