(Closed) Advice needed – babies & seating plan

posted 7 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
5106 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@mrs-v-to-be: I don’t have a baby, but I would prefer to have the baby between myself and FI if I did. And not every guest is “kid friendly” I would hate to put a child next to one of those people….

Post # 4
2246 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Make a kids table. Thats always fun.

Post # 5
2246 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Make a kids table. Thats always fun.

Post # 6
53 posts
Worker bee

I would place the baby between the parents.  They can always switch places after the meal.  A kids table is a good idea but will only work for children @ 4 and older who can feed themselves. 

Post # 7
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think you should put the baby between the parents.

Post # 8
939 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I don’t see that it really matters how you put them as long as they are all in a row.  they can always just move the baby in between them or to one side if thats how they prefer. 

Post # 9
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

As one of those “non-kid” people, I would prefer it if the child is seated between the parents.

Post # 10
3265 posts
Sugar bee

For ther other guests it is best to seat the child between the parents.  Personally, I would rather avoid sitting beside a kid at all costs (even though i quite like kids in general), meal times are messy and I will be in my finest clothes for a wedding.

Post # 11
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Does a 6-month-old baby really need its own seat? I know, I know, I’ve heard it before: “You can’t expect the parent to carry the baby all night.” My rebuttal to that: If you don’t want to carry the baby all night, don’t bring the baby to the wedding. I know I sound super rude about this, but I just don’t feel I should take up a place setting for a baby. :0s
I’m extra glad to see a post on this because I’ve definitely been wondering what other brides are doing about the baby thing.
Another question: At what age DO kids really need their own seat? (Because let’s get real–since when did you see a 2-year-old stay seated for more than 3 minutes?) 

Post # 12
566 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

My vote is to sit the child between the parents. The child is comfortable and each parent has an adult they can talk to on their side.

The topic ‘Advice needed – babies & seating plan’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors