- 4 years ago
- Wedding: December 2012
Hello! It’s been a while!
I have a dilemma. My mother and I have been planning a vacation to go to Palm Springs during August. I notified my employer as soon as I knew we were serious about going. I asked for the appropriate days off on our website. I kept checking for approval or denial for the next few weeks. The third week in, I pull the manager aside who deals with vacations and asked if she had seen my request. She told me she was not sure, so I told her I would send her a message on our website again to remind her to look, and also put in the dates I would like vacation in case she missed them again for whatever reason. I mentioned to her I would like to know soon so I can begin booking my trip.
The weekend passed (she typically approves/denies on weekends) and still nothing! This time, I went to my corporate manager and told him my situation. It’s getting more expensive the longer I wait, and I had been waiting for a month at that point for an answer. He e-mailed her about this, and he told me he would forward the e-mail to me as soon as he got an answer. He’s currently on vacation, but I e-mailed him if he has gotten a response from the manager who deals with vacation. All I got back was, “Checking. . .” I feel bad for our corporate manager, because he’s on vacation and it shouldn’t involve him to get a vacation approved or denied.
It’s been almost a month and 3 weeks. . .still pending. I really don’t feel like I should have to continuously bother people to get an approval or denial. However, I feel this is just disrespectful! I need to book things, it’s early in August that we are going. I don’t want to lose my job, but I feel this is just not right at all! Ladies, what is the best way to PROFESSIONALLY go about this?