Affordable Wedding for 100-150, is it possible?

posted 2 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
2566 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Outdoor gazebo?  It depends on whether the weather is nice in your area at that time.

Post # 3
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’m getting married in Virginia. Our wedding will be held at our local fairgrounds and for the parking, building rental the chairs and tables and the outdoor space it’s only costing me $700 so maybe look into the fairgrounds. We also have a photographer who’s doing it for free in exchange for using the photos to build her portfolio. Try looking at schools around the area for photographers trying to start out. Our catering is being done by a friend who does it on the side so hes just charging us for the cost of ingredients. My cousin does wedding cakes on the side and she’s gifting the cake to us. My cousins are doing the ceremony music (as a gift)- 2 are military band but they’re all musically inclined. You could check out any nearby schools and talk to music teachers if they might be interested in making a little money to play at your wedding. Instead of a dj we’re having a friend put together a play list for us and borrowing my aunt’s sound system. You can rent speakers. My wedding dress was from alfred angelo (can get a custom dress for a lot cheaper) but I know a lot of people who have by one to davids bridal and found beautiful dresses. My wedding dress was my big splurge ($750)  my moh works with me at the bank I work at but she’s a licensed cosmetologist and will be doing my hair and makeup. Check out makeup counters for tutorials on wedding makeup and check out any beauty schools for any students/ teachers wanting to make some money on the side. I used fake flowers for the bouquets, bouts, and corsages and I’m using herbs and flowering plants and wild flowers with mason jars and old tea cups and bottles (check thrift stores- I’ve spent a total of $11 on 40 tea cups). The herbs and flowers also work as our favors. Get creative,  call in favors, ask for help and you can make it work. Everything all together for us will cost less than $2000

Post # 7
1506 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

BecomingMrsH:  We’re hosting a 125 person wedding for$2,000. Our reception Iis at a beautiful local Recreation center! it was only $250 to rent since I’m a county resident. Check into those! 

jordanl1027:  Where in VA are you? I tried to rent the Meadow Event Park Fairgrounds, but they wanted like $1, 500 even in the winter!

Post # 8
2225 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

You said you were looking at parks- The Jefferson Patterson Park has a barn that you can rent at a reasonable price http://www.jefpat.org/rentals.html. I’ve never been there but I think it could be very pretty with the right decor. It’s sort of a mix between indoor and outdoor

Post # 11
679 posts
Busy bee

BecomingMrsH:  i dont live near that area, but we are having a lower cost reception for 125 ppl. I would recommend looking at neighborhood club houses, those are very reasonable. That what we are renting and its $450! ..also if there are parks or historical parks that have community centers, welcome centers, historic houses that they rent out. You will find something, it is very do able!! 🙂

Post # 14
1506 posts
Bumble bee

BecomingMrsH:  I didn’t say outside 😛 A recreation center is the actually facility/building. I’m getting married inside one in December. Some of them have beautiful ballrooms for way cheap!

Post # 15
1506 posts
Bumble bee

Dorey Park Recreation Center: Henricus Room (Henrico,  VA) and the Eastern Henrico Recreation Center: Strawberry Hill Ballroom (Henrico, VA) are some examples if you need some examples to see what I mean. They’re the buildings on public park land.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors