- 8 years ago
- Wedding: September 2010
There aren’t many New Mexico vendor reviews, so I knew I had to come on here and share my experiences. We got married yesterday and honestly, are extremely pleased with all of our vendors, so I had just had to share our experiences.
1) Florist – Tiger Lily Floral Design. AMAZING. Great to work with, extremely affordable, and GORGEOUS work. Everything was perfect, even with our small budget. If I didn’t know how much it cost, I’d think it was double the price.
2) Photographer – Seth Goodman – Not only does this guy does great work, but he’s so great to work with. My husband is a photographer and it was his job to find our wedding photographer. As you can guess, he’s very picky. Now he is STILL gushing about how much he enjoyed Seth during the whole wedding process. We can’t wait to get our photos back. Oh, and probably the best prices in town.
3) Videographer – Moving Sky Media (John Arnold) – This was the ONE thing I really wanted for my wedding. He doesn’t come cheap, but he shouldn’t. His work is beautiful and touching. He works in a documentary style and he hustles. He really earns his pay and stays there all day (he even showed up early). I am super excited to see our film. And, he is a doll. Great attitude.
4) ABC Bakery for cake – Um. Seriously. The cake is delicious. We didn’t have fondant, just buttercream, so our three-tiered cake was just slightly tilted, but I didn’t notice until we got close for the cutting. When we fed each other, I was blown away at how good it tasted. I remembered from the tasting it was good, but not THAT good. Nice surprise. They also decorated it perfectly with the real flowers from Tiger Lily.
5) Venue – Hispanic Cultural Center – I can’t say enough good things about this place. The catering manager is a sweetheart (who also turned out to be an old family friend – small world) and was SO communicative from the start. We did a mexican food buffet and it was great. People were getting up for seconds and thirds, which is a good sign. We didn’t get to each much, despite them serving us first, but the sweet staff put two huge to go boxes for us so we could pig out at the hotel afterwards. We also left our cake left overs (with custom toppers) there by accident. A security guard found it and put it in the fridge for us. When we went there to pick it up this morning, he was so gracious, giving us hugs and congratulating us. That man needs a raise.
The place is also VERY affordable. Less than $1,000 for the outdoor patio for ceremony and indoor ballroom for reception. And, the place is freaking beautiful. Our photographer/videographer were in hog heaven with all of the pretty scenery to work with. Walking down the aisle with the fountain behind the officiant and the big tree in the background and all the flowers felt like a fairy tale.
6) Dress – Ann Matthews – Very friendly staff. Made me feel beautiful and was very patient. Dress came in a little later than forcast, but not too much. All in all, great customer service. Even answered emails right away, which is kinda rare for bridal salons.
7) Hair & Makeup – Mark Pardo – My original stylist had a family crisis, so the day before my wedding, they had to rearrange everything and give me a new stylist. It didn’t bother me, I understood. We went in and they were so scared I was going to be a bridezilla or something, but I really wasn’t bothered. I actually think it worked out for the best.The hairstylist, Cynthia, did exactly what I wanted that lasted ALL day and night, and the makeup artist, Josh, worked miracles. He even plucked eyebrows for me, haha. I could not believe with all the sweating and crying that my makeup was still perfect when I got back.
8) DJ – Too Hot to Stop – These guys have been in business forever and you can tell. They are super affordable ( about half the price of their main competition), EXTREMELY professional, and to put it bluntly, a damn good DJ. Kept everything on schedule. I had people in my family who NEVER dance. I mean, NEVER, out there on the dance floor. Even the photographer commented that he never sees weddings with so many people dancing all night. It was so great.
Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, but I seriously would not change ONE SINGLE THING about my wedding. Everyone had the best time and are still talking about it today. I think a lot of it has to do with how smooth everything went with the vendors. I didn’t get a single phone call or have a single hiccup. I would highly recoomend ANY of our vendors to all the New Mexico brides to be!