(Closed) Alfred Angelo 205 Cinderella dress and removing sparkle tulle

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@Cindersarah:  I tried this dress on about a year ago (I had a long engagement) and you’re right – it’s very pretty in person and the skirt much sparklier in person.

I would imagine bringing it to a seamstress (a good one) and having the top layers removed would be completely doable.  I bet they could even replace those layers with regular tulle.  

Just find a reputable seamstress to do it.

Post # 4
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

This is my dress!

It’s the sparkle tulle that sold me on it. It’s absolutely stunning and I feel that it makes the dress!!

Post # 5
1578 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club

The sparkle adds SO MUCH to the dress… I don’t know if there is a way to remove it when you get the dress with the sparkle already. I ended up going with a different AA Disney dress… 

I tried on the Cinderella dress without the sparkle, and I held up the sparkle version of the dress to the sample I was wearing.. here’s a picture if you need reference.

Post # 6
733 posts
Busy bee

@missmorganista:  Do you happen to know if the dress you tried on is the Diamond White or Ivory? I ordered Diamond White and I’m so stressed out that they are going to send me the Ivory lol.

Post # 8
5269 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2016

I believe it comes in 2 colors… ivory and white… correct? either way. I tried on both. The ivory was too yellow for me and the white was pretty!! Went with the feel of the dress. I say KEEP the sparkle!!

Post # 9
1828 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I would leave the sparkles in…you can barely tell in the pictures and if a little sparkle came through that would be beautiful.

Post # 10
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@Cindersarah:  I actually used to work at an Alfred Angelo, and when the order is put in it’s put in either as sparkle tulle or no sparkle tulle. Unfortunately I’m pretty sure to remove the tulle a seamstress would have to completely take the dress apart to remove the sparkle layer and then put it back together. Obviously depending on the seamstress, this could fairly expensive.

As far as the sparkle goes, I never thought that the sparkle was too much, and I’m definitely not a very sparkly person myself. Do you have any stores near you where you can go try the dress on so you can at least see it before it comes? They should have samples both with the sparkle and without so you should be able to get an idea for whether or not you’ll want to remove it. If you do have an Alfred Angelo Signature store (store that only carries Alfred Angelo) near you, then they should have an in-house seamstress. If the dress truly is new and unaltered then you should be able to use their seamstress if you decide to have the tulle removed. At least then if something goes wrong they can fix it for you. I wouldn’t tell them that you bought the dress used, just that you changed your mind about the tulle. 

Post # 11
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Sigh… that dress is one of my favorites! Are you suuuurrrreee that you don’t like the sparkle tulle?

If you really don’t, a seamstress can tell you more.

Post # 12
422 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I say keep the sparkle – this is me in my Cinderella and everyone loved that it sparkled. And as you can see from the pic, unless I was in the right kind of light it didn’t even show up that much. Sparkle power πŸ™‚

Post # 14
8884 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I was a Cinderella 205 bride, my dress was in Diamond White.  I could not imagine my dress without the sparkle!

I believe there was at least 5 layers of tulle. I’m not sure if it would look good without any of the tulle.

Post # 15
422 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@Cindersarah:  thank you! Also had another thought which may help you out. Instead of losing the glitter through alterations you could get it drycleaned? When I took my dress in to be cleaned and preserved they said I’d be losing about 75% of the glitter From the process. May be cheaper and more effective? GL πŸ™‚

Post # 16
733 posts
Busy bee

@almajele:  noooooo this is terrible news for glitter loving me!! I think my dress will need to be cleaned after and I want to preserve it but the glitter NEEDS to stay lol I repeat needs!

@Lyndzo:  every time I see you post in this dress I get super excited to get mine! You look SO perfect in this dress!

it seems like all bees have got diamond white. There is one bee who has posted outdoor photos in her 205 and it looks much more yellowy, so maybe that one is ivory. I will post a pic of me in the one I tried on in the store when I get the time to find the pics!

ps did any of you girls wear a crinolin under it to puff it out more!? I tried on a pretty big poof in are store and liked it but I think my mom thought it was a bittoo much

The topic ‘Alfred Angelo 205 Cinderella dress and removing sparkle tulle’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors