Alfred Angelo 2438 dress twin?!

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I just said yes to this beauty yesterday :)!! love it, you look fab! Mine is ivory, I think yours looks more white but I’m not sure, I went with a plain veil, like what you’re wearing. I have a strand of pearls my SO got me our first Christmas together that I’m going to wear with it! I tried a few sashes and I think I’m going to leave it plain. Other than that I’d love to see what other ladies are doing too.

Post # 3
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014

My dress is the AA2438 as well. It is abslotuley gorgeous! I tossed between this one and AA869 for months. I have had the same problem, nothing on google or pinterest about this dress. But, at least we know not EVERYONE is wearing it!

I will wear a sash, pobably similar to the sash in your picture.

I would love to see the changs you did with lace at the neckline.

Post # 6
15 posts
Newbee

jennayhoang:  Here are photos from my fitting the other day. I had to order the dress in a size 8 to fit my bust, and have the waist taken in to about a size 4. Still need the lower area brought in to be more fitted, but I am worried about it being too fitted to walk comfortably on the beach. Still not sure what I am going to do there, take in, or leave as is??

Also, now that the waist is brough in, I am having my swarovski crystal sash attached on the dress, down into a V to add a little more drama to my flat butt! And the double french bustle.

I am so excited to try it on again next week!

The wedding is on the beach in Mexico in 6 weeks! Getting close. We have vintage battenburg lace parasols, everyone is in all white/ivory, and ALL the girls will be holding hand made all ivory broach bouquets.

Now to find shoes!

Post # 8
15 posts
Newbee

Thank you so much Jennay. I am very excited to pick it up on Thursday, despite a few hiccups with the hubby this past week And some soooo not needed additional stresses!!

I don’t have an Alfred angelo out my way, I bought It at a bridal shop in Vancouver Canada and went back to see their seemstresa for the alterations. Total alteration costs (so far) is about $275. That’s having the waist taken in, bustle and attachin the sash. The sash was a separate cost. 

I think when I go back on Thursday it will be perfect. I am not anticipating anything more changes! 

How is your dress coming along?

Post # 9
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

jennayhoang:  I just saw your question!! I am heavy in my pic, already losing so that’s a +, but even at heifer sized the dress looks pretty lol!! 

Post # 10
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I bought it in white as well. I always thought ivory would look better on me because I am so pale, but I really liked the white. I’m interested to see the lace on the top and options for the bustle. 

I’m considering taking some of the tulle out so it’s not as poofy on the bottom. She ordered me a 0 so I’m really worried about fitting into it, but she measured me 3x and swears I’m a 0. I think it will come in around Dec. 

Everyone looks very pretty! I just love this dress. 

Post # 12
15 posts
Newbee

jennayhoang:  You look amazing! Its cool to see how the same dress and similar ideas can look so different. Your belt is beautiful too! I chose to attache mine because I was worried the bow would distract from the lace up back, but I can see in your pics it doesn’t distract at all!

Post # 14
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

This is my dress too!! It still hasnt come in but I am so excited to see how beautiful it looks on you ladies! I think that veil looks so pretty with the dress! 

Post # 15
15 posts
Newbee

jennayhoang:  sorry for the late reply, was pretty busy times the last few weeks!

I didn’t wear a veil as we were renewing our vows and I thought it would be a little too much. I thought you might like to see the dress in action!  I only have a few pics so far from the photographer, but they are so beautiful!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors