(Closed) Alfred Angelo Cinderella 205 Alterations

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Luckily, it looks like the style of your dress should make it fairly easy to take in a decent amount πŸ™‚ You look lovely in it, btw!

Post # 4
8884 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

This was my dress too πŸ™‚ You look amazing!

My shop ordered my dress 2 sizes too big (I believe to get extra $ for alterations). They didn’t have a problem altering it down though. They also sewed in the belt and added a bustle. Here’s some pics from the shop and on the wedding day:

Before alterations (it’s pinned):

After alterations:

Wedding day πŸ™‚

Post # 5
Hostess
23641 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@kelsey498:  You look so gorgeous!!!! I love this dress on you!

@Lyndzo:  You as well, pretty lady!  Gorgeous dress.

Post # 6
1663 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Looks beautiful on both of you!  It looks like it would be relatively straightforward to take in, no?

Post # 7
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I have heard that altering a dress about 2 sizes is OK.  Even though it looks easy, the bust area might be out of proportion.

Post # 9
8884 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@kelsey498:  Aww thank you! It looks even more amazing on you!

Post # 10
259 posts
Helper bee

@Lyndzo: I love the Cinderella 205, and was wondering if you wore it with a petticoat? 

Post # 11
259 posts
Helper bee

@Lyndzo: I love the Cinderella 205, and was wondering if you wore it with a petticoat? 

Post # 12
8884 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@Cinderella92:  Yes, I did wear a petticoat. It was not one that added too much fullness, it was more to protect my legs from being itchy on the tulle. I got my petticoat at David’s Bridal.

Post # 13
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@kelsey498:  Ok, now i have to state that I am not a personal fan of this dress but I must tell you this:

YOU ARE THE BEST LOOKING REAL BRIDE I HAVE EVER SEEN WEAR THIS DRESS. STUNNING! That dress was made for you

Post # 14
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Hey ladies,

Those of you who wore Cinderella 205, how did you have it bustled in the back? I am trying to find a pretty way to do it, but I cannot possibly come up with a mental image of what a bustle would look like on this dress. Pictures would be AWESOME! πŸ™‚

Post # 15
476 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

That is a beautiful dress!

Post # 16
8884 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@mrsmartintobe:  I had a bustle. I only have one pic during alterations though. It was much prettier when it was complete. Wish I had a pic from the day of. 

The topic ‘Alfred Angelo Cinderella 205 Alterations’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors