(Closed) Alfred Angelo dress. Style 2396 Juliet HAS ANYONE GOT THIS???

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 5
45403 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

chantelle.jenkins:   For some reason, I can’t see my on reponses so I don’t know which pics you can see.

There are pics of this dress on Tradesy so do a search there if you don’t already see it. . There is a great pic which you can enlarge to see the detail even better.

I think you could add straps. A great seamstress could even duplicate the beading, but it would cost a fair amount. I hate one shoulder dresses so I wouldn’t personally do one strap. But then again, it’s not my dress or my wedding.

Post # 6
45403 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

chantelle.jenkins:  I think the final look depends on what alterations are done.

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

chantelle.jenkins:  

I just bought this dress on Sunday! I love it!! I don’t have photos at the moment b/c I forgot to upload them yesterday but I can post tmrw. I was totally surprised by how much I preferred the more fitted than the a line which is what I suspected I would want. To answer your question re: the bottom, I think the amount of flare and the shape really depend on what slip you wear under. For instance, my consultant had me in a pretty full slip at first and I thought everything was too poofy so she brought me a smaller one. And I ended up getting a regular slip, as opposed to a mermaid slip, because I liked that it started to flare a little higher and more subtly, but you can get a mermaid slip that is fitted all the way to the bottom.  I think that woudl give you the more fitted curvier booty/hip area if that is what you’re going for.  Good luck!

The topic ‘Alfred Angelo dress. Style 2396 Juliet HAS ANYONE GOT THIS???’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors