Alfred Angelo dress. Style 2396 Juliet HAS ANYONE GOT THIS???

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 5
42510 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

chantelle.jenkins:   For some reason, I can’t see my on reponses so I don’t know which pics you can see.

There are pics of this dress on Tradesy so do a search there if you don’t already see it. . There is a great pic which you can enlarge to see the detail even better.

I think you could add straps. A great seamstress could even duplicate the beading, but it would cost a fair amount. I hate one shoulder dresses so I wouldn’t personally do one strap. But then again, it’s not my dress or my wedding.

Post # 6
42510 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

chantelle.jenkins:  I think the final look depends on what alterations are done.

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

chantelle.jenkins:  

I just bought this dress on Sunday! I love it!! I don’t have photos at the moment b/c I forgot to upload them yesterday but I can post tmrw. I was totally surprised by how much I preferred the more fitted than the a line which is what I suspected I would want. To answer your question re: the bottom, I think the amount of flare and the shape really depend on what slip you wear under. For instance, my consultant had me in a pretty full slip at first and I thought everything was too poofy so she brought me a smaller one. And I ended up getting a regular slip, as opposed to a mermaid slip, because I liked that it started to flare a little higher and more subtly, but you can get a mermaid slip that is fitted all the way to the bottom.  I think that woudl give you the more fitted curvier booty/hip area if that is what you’re going for.  Good luck!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors