(Closed) All I could think is she paid 500.00 dollars for that picture…

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Whats the location you’re paying for? I think it depends a lot on that. I’m loosely considering paying to take photos somewhere for the wedding but I haven’t even looked into pricing so I can’t give any advice!

Post # 4
1405 posts
Bumble bee

I am also  curious what type of locations these are that you are PAYING for?  The only location I ever paid for besides a fee or permit to shoot in a park (~50-100 bucks), was a mansion we rented once for a workshop.

Post # 6
3364 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I would love to consider one of the local missions as a possibilitiy but they have a $50 photography charge im considering, so I cant imagine paying $500!

Post # 7
2116 posts
Buzzing bee

@USER876: What I’m thinking of paying for is a permit too, just to clarify

@MrsPinkPeony: Hmm, if its in your budget and you can get a LOT of pictures there then go for it, that is a little rich for my blood though

Post # 8
2313 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@MrsPinkPeony:

OOOH I have a friend getting married at Middleton Place in May. So pretty.

But HELL NO I wouldn’t spend $500 for a couple pictures.

Post # 9
1405 posts
Bumble bee

Can you share the cost with another party?  Perhaps if your photographer has another client you can schedule back to back shoots on the same day?

Post # 11
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

go for it!

i get your concern, but couldn’t you say that about everything? you could look at all your photos and think, “wow, i can’t believe i spend Xgrand on those!”

Post # 12
42 posts
Newbee

Does it have to be that specific plantation? Have you looked at other options in the area? Boone Hall? Magnolia? They may be cheaper. Also Hampton Park is plantation-like and I believe its free.

Post # 13
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

If it’s in your budget then do it. If not, then go somewhere else. If I paid $500 for just ONE photo, you best believe I’m printing it everywhere. I’d have wallets to poster size prints of that photo.

I don’t think I would pay extra to take photos somewhere. I think all I would think is “wow…I can’t believe I spent XXX to get into this place to take one picture.”

Photoshop is amazing and you can look like you took pictures on Saturn if you want. ^_^

Post # 14
1371 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I can speak to this one.  My husband and I were trying to decide what to do about pictures.  We were just going to go to a public park and get photos taken.  We still would have had to get a permit, but the cost would have been less.  I was balking at the higher cost of getting a permit at a special gardens nearby.  Finally, my husband just bought the permit.  I was a bit annoyed, but I am so glad we did it.  We got some really fun pictures we wouldn’t have been able to get other places!  If you can afford, I say go for it.

Post # 15
3614 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I wonder why she took only one pic??? That’s the only part that doesnt make sense to me. Otherwise $250-$500 isn’t that big a deal for a location that’ll make your photos look fabulous. I’d just consider it part of the overall photography package cost.

Post # 16
1077 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’ve never heard of paying for a photo location unless you need to buy a place out to get your pic.  I’m getting married in Vegas, and while they charge a fortune to have a 10 minute ceremony in some of the better venues, they’ll let you take your pics in the same venues for free.

The topic ‘All I could think is she paid 500.00 dollars for that picture…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors