(Closed) All-Inclusive Honeymoon Under 2000 in Mexico- Sooo many questions!

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

You should probably call a travel agent to ask about payment options. They may want a deposit and then monthly payments or they may want everything all at once. No one is going to be able to tell you that because if probably differs from city to city/state to state.

Most airlines ask for passport info at time of booking but it should be optional. It’s not required until you actually have to get on a plane.

Call your phone provider. iPhone is on ATT and Verizon’s networks now so it depends on your carrier if you have to add an international plan.

Post # 5
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

If you’re still exploring other options, I stayed at Iberostar Tucan in Rivera Maya for under $1500 (for two people) 6 nighhts, all-inclusive and flight from the east coast. We used Apple Vacations and loved them. You can travel to a few Mayan ruins from Rivera Maya which is a great plus.

http://www.iberostar.com/EN/Riviera-Maya-hotels/Iberostar-Tucan.html

As for your iphone, I would turn off your data roaming while you are there and make sure you buy an international plan through your provider.

Post # 8
311 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

It depends how picky you are, because there are some people that do not like this resort, but the price cannot be beat…

My fiance and I LOVE the Royal Decameron in Bucerias. It isn’t a fancy resort, but it is SUPER clean, super relaxed, great service, and feels very authentic Mexican. Most of all, it’s fun. If you want to feel like you’re at home, this might not be the resort for you as they serve lots of mexican food and their clientele is >50% mexican. But, we hated the idea of feeling like ‘rich tourists’ on vacation and this place was great for that. The staff treated us so well. It was like food/drink/pool paradise, and we paid $1000 each for 10 days…. Including flights from Canada.

Post # 9
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

what about a cruise?

Post # 10
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I am kind of in the same place you are now. I was looking at NOW Jade and really want to go there. Where did you find the package for that price?

Post # 11
746 posts
Busy bee

I think I can answer your travel agent questions!

-An agent can book your international flights without a passport. But, you will have to make sure you have that passport before you leave!

-Some agents do allow payment plans. However, you would need to pay a downpayment, and the final payment would be due no later than 30 days before departure.

Post # 12
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

You dont need a passport to book your flights online, but you will need them when you are checking in and when you are going through customs.  You can put a rush on your passport and have it within a week. But my suggestion is dont wait if you dont have too.  The passport is good for 10 years.  Now when you book you are going to be booking under your current name and not your married name. So make sure that you take a copy of your marriage cert, sometimes when you go to a resort they will ask for that if you are booking as a “honeymooner”.  Just a precaution and it doesnt hurt. When you get back from you honeymoon and you plan on traveling abroad more, you will need to send in your passport with your marriage license get your name changed.

When you get to Mexico it can be overwhelming when you step through the gates and all these people come rushing up to you and asking you “Do you need a ride?  Where are you staying? ”  Best advise, walk past them like you know where you are going and head towards the outside to get to your ride.  I do suggest that you pre book your transportation, that way when you are outside  they should be holding up a sign with your name on it or at least a sign with where you are staying or the company that is transporting you.  Just keep your eyes peeled for them.  If you stop when they ask you – you will be spending 4 hours of your honeymoon at a “timeshare presentation”.  Now there are benefits to going to those, they will ask you if you need a ride somewhere, tell them you already have transportation but you were interested in doing something on your honeymoon, let’s say….diving, fishing, snorkling, booze cruise, whatever, tell them that you are interested in those things, they can either get these items to you for free or you buy one get one free, or will get a discounted rate.  They will ask you for a deposit to ensure that you attend, if you go to the presentation you will get your money back.  Please note that these are very high pressure sales, and do not be hesitant to say NO at the end. DO NOT LET THEM TALK YOU INTO IT!  I know that you are having fun and that you love the place you are looking at but are you really going to go each year?  Do not listen to “oh you can trade here, you can trade there” it can be a pain in the butt. I know I have experience in all these areas.

Mexico is my favorite place to go, the Carribean side is beautiful, the people are nice and the water and sand are awesome. 

I hope this helps.

If you have any other questions let me know.  I am going to Cancun for my honeymoon in Nov 2011.

Enjoy!

Post # 13
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We did Secrets Silversands in Riviera Maya for 6 days, adults only all-inclusive, for $750 each INCLUDING our airfare from Ohio.  The hotel was modern and GORGEOUS, the food was outstanding, and the resort was really well kept.

http://www.travelbyjen.com  Freaking amazing deals on trips… check it out!!

Post # 14
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We went to Fiesta Americana Veracruz for our honeymoon and it was amazing! The Fiesta Americana line of resorts are wonderful but they are not all-inclusive. All though the in resort restaurants are very reasonable. We were married in south Texas and just drove over to Reynosa, Mexico and flew domestic so we had a 5-day 4-night hotel saty, 3 meals a day (including mostly room service) with drinks, a full-day excursion to Cempoala, and another day at the Aquariuma and beach for $1300 total with flights.

And for the next 2-days, Livingsocial Escapes has a 5-Night stay for two with 25% off meals and drinks with a whole bunch of other discunts for $388. Completely recommend it for any budget honeymooners!

Post # 16
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Lala61111: When are you going? We’re also going to do our honeymoon at the royal suites… can’t beat the price!!! What did you end up doing with the travel agent stuff? I ask because we’re in a really similar situation, we’ll have the money probably end of August in total, but we want to go in October and it makes me nervous to wait that long!  Were you able to find anyone who offered payment plans?  Thanks for the info!

Edit… nvm, just saw the cheap carribean info! lol

The topic ‘All-Inclusive Honeymoon Under 2000 in Mexico- Sooo many questions!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors