Allure 8800

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
4 posts
  • Wedding: October 2013

hello! congratulations on your upcoming wedding and your beautiful dress. I wore an allure 8800 in ivory/cafe/silver when I got married last October and it really is a gorgeous, unique choice. Even after the wedding when we were back at the hotel people were pulling me aside left and right to say that it was the most beautiful wedding dress that they had ever seen.

One odd piece of advice: wear smooth surfaced shoes! I was planning on wearing a pair of sparkley, gold glitter flats and then the morning of the wedding i put them on and walked downstairs only to realize that the scratchy texture of the glitter made the shoes stick to the silk slip like velcro. Everytime i took a step forward the toe of my shoe caught the slip and almost tripped me and ripped the dress.

Thankfully I brought a pair of back up shoes that were smooth because otherwise i would have had to go barefoot. Afterwards I realized that this happens because the bottom of the dress doesn’t flare out like many dresses do.

Below are a few pictures of the dress… they are mostly focusing on the sash because i posted them on anotehr thread asking for pictures of it with the sash.

Congrats again!

Post # 4
2 posts
  • Wedding: July 2014

@justmarried1026:  Beautiful!  I am also wearing this dress with a sash for my wedding.  Did you wear any special undergarments?  My seamstress is talking about just sewing cups in.  Wondering what worked for you.  Thanks!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors