Allure 8901- Outdated?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
3016 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Prague

Every dress is outdated… eventually.

Trust me, very few of your guests are following trends in bridal fashion and wouldn’t have a clue if your dress was from the year 1804, as long as you were ROCKING it. 😀

Go try on your dress. If it looks good GET IT. Don’t let anyone talk you into something “up to date,” and don’t start second-guessing yourself!

Post # 3
1491 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I think you need to try on the dress first before getting yourself worked up that it is outdated or anything.   

Your other BM is also incorrect….the dress is most likely not getting marked down because it is “so 2 years ago” but because the store has decided not to carry it anymore.   A lot of designers keep dresses in their inventory for more than a couple of years…they may have some new designs every year, but their collection will often have the same dress year in, year out, because it is just that popular and looks good on everyone.  So I wouldn’t worry at all about it looking dated…  its about how the dress makes you look and feel, rather than trying to impress everyone else.  

Post # 4
564 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Go try it on and see if you love it on you. If you love it on you? You get a kick-ass deal on your dream wedding dress.

It doesnt’ matter if it isn’t your BM’s style, as it’s not her dress. And BTW? It’s not dated. Sweetheart strapless with a full ball-gown skirt is a still a look a lot of brides go for.

Post # 5
1582 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I think it’s less about a dress being out of season than it is about how the bride wears it. Go try it on and if you rock it, you rock it–who cares about how old the style is!

Post # 6
1633 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

It seems pretty classic to me.  I was expecting to see something over the top when I typed in the style number, but its a ball gown with a beaded top…  I dont see how that would date it to two years ago.

Post # 7
7292 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Papillion:  Where the dress that you love and that you feel beautiful in. Nothing more to consider than that. 

Post # 8
517 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Papillion:  I also agree … if you love it and can rock then then get it. It does look pretty classic too so I would think you will be fine. It is not outdated to me at all. I will give you advice though that once you purchase a dress. DO NOT LOOK AT ANYMORE! You could end up with dress regret or falling in love with another. It is beautiful though. Great choice!

Post # 9
8282 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

That dress doesn’t look outdated to me. 

Post # 10
1988 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Papillion: When I hear the word “outdated” I think of a 1980ies monstrosity with oversized bows, puffy sleeves and ruffles everywhere. That Allure dress is beautiful and classic. Sure it will look outdated eventually but definitely not next year or the year after. Try it on and if you love it, buy it – you can’t beat such a great deal. The thing about bridal fashion is that it doesn’t change quite as often as “normal” fashion and even if you don’t wear the trendiest dress, you can’t go wrong by going for something classic. A strapless ballgown with a beaded top definitely falls into that category. Don’t let one person’s opinion stop you from buying your dream dress at a great price!

Post # 11
42166 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Ballgowns have been in style forever and always will be.

Post # 12
9526 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Most dresses are going to be dated to some degree. In 20 years I guarantee it won’t be “more dated” because it’s been out for a few seasons now. If you like it, get it!

Post # 13
4139 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I doesn’t look outdated to me… ??

Post # 14
3846 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Papillion:    If the dress is the one you love,  what else matters??

Post # 15
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

1) she was merely speculating so don’t even think about letting her get in your head

2) you need to find the dress YOU love, no body else. 

3) you definitely need to try it on. also try on other styles, just to make sure. as every other bride will tell you, even if you don’t think you will like a style try it on. You may be surprised. also, listen to the people that work at the bridal salon and their suggestions for your body type. I know I went in with one mindset of knowing exactly what I wanted and came out with something completely different. You hear this alot. Just keep an open mind. 

4) I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress. it is soooo not outdated. I do however have an 80’s poufy long sleeved  gown if you do want outdated. lol

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors