Allure 8903 pics wanted

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Tiffmax:  I don’t know if you’ll still find this helpful, but I found the process very trying since I couldn’t find any photos of the dress on non-models ahead of time so I wanted to help!

Rest assured: the dress looks much better in person than on the model (who appears as though she’s been sewn into the dress, she looks so stiff and uncomfortable). The photos below are me in the dress before alterations (which aren’t done yet). The straps are a little long, but otherwise a good fit.

(Sorry the photos are better posed — we were all a little over-excited on dress pick up day)

Post # 4
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@dreamhazer:  Is this 8903? The lace looks quite different than the lace on my dress (which I won’t be picking up until April.) The cut does look the same but the lace on my dress is an all-over lace applique and is much heavier. I like the lace on your dress a lot! If this is 8903, I did not realize there was an option for the lace. You look stunning btw 🙂

Post # 5
279 posts
Helper bee

@katidecaire:  It is the 8903 — I will say the lace has photographed very delicately, which is nice — it is a bit heavier. But I suppose there may be alternative lace options? The lace is an overlay, and I’m wearing a charmeuses slip as the lining (all of which is the standard for the dress).

And thank you! I’d love to see yours when you get it!

Post # 6
7 posts
Newbee

@dreamhazer:  Dress twin! 🙂

I’m pretty sure your dress is actually the Allure P952. Really similar cut to the 8903 but different lace and train.

(The P952 is part of the “Edition” collection that is not shown on the website and isn’t carried by all the Allure retailer.)

Post # 7
279 posts
Helper bee

@soontobemrsN:  Yeah, that sure looks a lot more like it. You’d think my bridal shop would have known that, yeah? I’m completely shocked that they managed to order the right dress (this is the same as the one I tried on) considering they told me a completely different style #!

Good sleuthing!

Post # 8
7 posts
Newbee

@dreamhazer:  They probably have it under the wrong number in their internal system but it still references the right dress. (Did that make any sens????)

Glad you ended up with the right dress though! I look amazing!

@Tiffmax: Sorry for momentarily stealing your thread! To get back to the intial question… I think the fit of dreamhazer‘s P952 is a really good indication of how the 8903 will fit. It looks like they are essentially the same dress with different lace and maybe a bit of a deeper V-neck on the 8903.

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Hi I’m looking to buy an 8903, but worried about alterations. Has anyone done this and can you tell me if it was easy to do?

Post # 10
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I was wondering the same thing about alterations. I am going to order this dress from Netbride.com, but unsure if I should get the size I’m closest to on their size charts, or go slightly bigger just in case! If anyone has had this dress altered would love to hear how it went.

Post # 11
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

mine is the 8903. I’m almost the exact opposite of the model so I hope this gives you an idea.

Post # 12
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Patience88:  Is that picture after alterations or before?

Post # 13
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Before. But it just needs taking in a tiny bit under the arms and hemming. It only has a short train normally.

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

Patience88:  is your dress the 8903 ? looks so different from the earlier pics posted..

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors