(Closed) Allure 8970 or Sottero and Midgley Veronica

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Love them both! The veronica has extra WOW factor and drama. Beautiful!

Post # 5
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Savannah, GA

LOVE the Veronica! 

Post # 6
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I know I am biased because I have a Sottero & Midgley – but I say Veronica all the way!

Post # 7
692 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

They are both lovely and very very similar. Personally, I would go with the cheaper option. What’s the price difference between both?

Post # 8
599 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Do you have any photos of you in them? They always look different on the models, but I prefer the Veronica, it has so much fabulous drama!!

Post # 9
876 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I love the Veronica!  You should include a poll. 🙂

Post # 10
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I like the Veronica best. The mermaid skirt on the Allure dress is a bit severe for my tastes

Post # 11
23636 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Post # 13
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I love the Allure! It looks timeless and those buttons up the back are amaaazing! 

Post # 14
147 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I love the Allure dress because it has a little more structure to it than the other one.  I also love the buttons on the back as opposed to the tie back.

Post # 15
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I agree with pp. I LOVE the Allure dress. It looks like it would be so flattering. When I see most lace dresses, I feel like they wouldn’t hold me in but that one seems to be perfect.

The bottom is a bit too much for me.. I wonder if it’s possible to remove some layers for a more subtle mermaid effect?

Post # 16
1 posts

I tried the allure on. there are some pictures online where  it doesn’t look like it does in the picture in person. the bottom of the dress starts to go out from a bit higher up. some  pictures really accentuate  the “mermaid”, but i found that in person it had a nice flow. the allure had a nice fit and i do love the buttons opposed to the corset back. i think the allure is nicer. it has a richer look to it. you could always dress it up with a belt.

The topic ‘Allure 8970 or Sottero and Midgley Veronica’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors