Allure 9003 ball gown White vs Ivory

posted 2 years ago in August 2014
Post # 2
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

ninz:  Hi!! I actually just purchased the 9003 in ivory! I always envisioned myself in white but the ivory was prettier on me (in my opinion) especially with all the crystals. The white was so so bright it really made me look kinda blue toned. I also thought that the ivory really complimented the crystals 🙂

You are correct, and most of these dresses are sold in ivory, and the ivory is really soft and close to white. the professionals typically recommend that dress in ivory and that was confirmed to me  when I saw it on. However, it’s definitely personal preference and the white is still gorgeous! I would need a better tan to pull it off, I think. the ivory surprised me with how stunning it was. 

Unfortunately I couldn’t take pictures of the white but took pictures of the ivory because I purchased it. 

Let me know if you have any questions! Good luck and happy shopping!

Post # 4
153 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - The Old Courthouse in Cleveland

IVORY!

My Allure in Ivory is actually very close to white, just a little less harsh.

Post # 5
2762 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

With this particular dress, the ivory is much classier & more elegant.  I really felt like the white looked cheap.  The ivory is a very soft shade & is very pretty.

Post # 6
228 posts
Helper bee

ninz:  thanks!!! As other posters have said, the white is just very bright and not as flattering on the crystals (I also thought it cheapened the look on me…) it sorta pulled the blue tones out of my skin so every red spot or tiny vein looked obvious. I’m sure there are some brides who are perfdctly happy with the ivory, it just appears that both the majority as well as the recommendation of my 2 different consultants thought the ivory was the most flattering on all skin tones. one even said she would say 95% of 9003 sales were in ivory. 

That being said, the dress doesn’t look hugely different than the white. It’s more a subtle tone. It’s not like the difference of a blush dress and a white dress LOL. I could PM you pictures of mine if you would like 🙂 

Post # 7
228 posts
Helper bee

ninz:  haha never mind I thought you never saw the ivory, but just noticed you tried it on! So my pictures wouldn’t really help (unless my lighting would be of help!:) ) 

ps I just noticed we have the same bday!!

Post # 9
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I wore my ivory ALLURE 9003 on Saturday for my wedding and it was perfect.  The white I saw in person as another bride purchased it but she must have had a different skin tone.  I am pretty neutral but the white is just “off” on this dress for me personally.. The ivory is very rich and more elegant and just suits the dress more imo.  If you want to see pix just let me know, I don’t have professional ones just yet but I could share a few.  Anyway, I agree with the other girls that the crystals also sparkle better with the ivory and outdoors the dress does look more white.  I was so worried the ivory on this dress was so yellow compared to some other ivory dresses (I also purchased the 9127 for my reception and that one is very white and was still ivory) it really depends on the fabric and designer and is best to see the real deal beside your face to see what flatters you best.  You can’t go wrong with ivory as its rich and warm, the white one would be good if you are very very cool toned skin. 

Post # 10
24 posts
Newbee

I purchased the Allure 9003 in Ivory. The dress looks more white outdoors, however in the church it did look more natural ivory and warm and beautiful.  I found that with flash photography in the hall in another type of lighting it was very rich and shiny and the sparkles of the dress you could see even more!  I guess it depends on how you want your dress to look in the Allure 9003 and what type of lighting you’re going to be in most of the day.  If you want to see different angles or lighting just let me know..  the white in 9003 does look very pale and I found it depends on your skin type to wear that shade.  it did make the jewels look very silver.  Oh and BUYER BEWARE of this dress— your veil WILL get snagged all over the place all day with this dress.  I took off my cathedral and the fingertip veil no matter what in the back and sides kept getting snagged- only downfall of this beautiful dress- but not a huge deal as you get to wear such a stunning ball gown all day!!! Good luck!

Post # 11
24 posts
Newbee

oh and this is in the hall….

Post # 12
364 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

I tried on the white and when the consultant says ivory, there is a reason.  The white is too white and it washes out the beading. The white almost looks fake. Plus if you look at real brides in almost any allure dress, ivory is the typical pick. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors