Allure 9104 – Think this can be altered? Pics heavy

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
3084 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

ali_oop:  I tried on this dress! I didn’t end up with it, though. But I don’t think that the dress pouffs out that much. A seamstress would probably be able to tell you better if you could take it out. I do think that dress looks nice on you. The sleeves look good. I don’t think they are too thick.

Post # 3
2519 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

ali_oop:  You can def take some tulle out from underneath the skirt but I think it looks good as is!!

DId you buy it?  If not go try it on again and ask them- they can bring the seamstress out to confirm.

The straps look good. Gorgeous dress!

Post # 5
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I bet you could remove most of the crinoline from the dress and it won’t pouf as much.  You want a layer or two to keep it out from between your feet as you walk, but you don’t need as much as is in there.  That’s a cheap alteration, too.

Post # 6
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Hi! I actually will be wearing this dress at my wedding in December. I am removing much of the pouff as it just did not match my vision. Attached are pictures of me trying on the dress for the first time. It doesn’t flare out as much as your sample I believe. I’ll be having my fitting at the end of the month but the seamstress at the store assured me the pouff could be easily removed. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Post # 8
153 posts
Blushing bee

Wow this dress is amazing! I think the straps are a beautiful detail and it looks good on you 🙂

Post # 9
2566 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

ali_oop:  niclexwedding:  Can I ask how much this dress cost?  I saw this dress online and fell in love with it instantly.  And it looks gorgeous on both of you!  I like the look with less pouff… It goes with what I’m looking for, as well.

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee

niclexwedding:  I love your veil — I am going with the same dress for a September wedding — I’m curious about your veil because I’m looking for one!

Post # 12
2 posts
Wannabee

SeaOfLove:  I just got mine at an Allure Trunk show for $1300.00

Post # 13
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2014

TMB324:  Thank you! Unfortunately I don’t know the brand name of my veil because I am renting it from the store I purchased my dress at. It’s a cathedral veil with lace edges. Good luck! Post pictures after your wedding 🙂 I can’t wait to see it! Btw, awesome deal on the dress! Congrats!

Post # 14
2637 posts
Sugar bee

It’s a stunning dress. Looks great on you.

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2015

niclexwedding:  Do you have any other pictures of your dress on your wedding day? I will be wearing this dress for my wedding in June and am trying to decide if I want some of the pouff taken out. Thanks!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors