Allure Romance Wedding Gown 2557

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@NZWIFEY:  I’m currently in the process of tracking this dress down.  I live on the east coast of canada and so far only 1 bridal salon has a sample, and unfortunately they are a 3 hour drive away.  I have tried on many styles but I think 2557 is my favourite (I also like 2550).  I’ll post a pic when I get a chance to try it on.  

I did try on the DB Vera Wang when I was on vacation this summer and I had a few issues with it – it’s not sweetheart neckline, the back doesn’t dip down as flattering as 2557 and the belt isn’t included.  Also, with the DB dress you need to purchase a crinoline to get the full effect… I’m not sure if you need to do that with 2557.  I liked the DB one but it just wasn’t it… I am REALLY hoping that 2557 works out.   

Post # 5
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I searched high and low for a salon that carried a sample of 2557 and never found one. Good luck, I’d love to see pictures if someone finds it!

Post # 6
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I just bought the Allure 2557 yesterday! The bridal salon where I tried it on did not allow pictures, so I wasn’t able to snap any, but it is GORGEOUS on, way prettier than the pictures online I think. I’m not even 5’1, but it still didn’t overwhelm my small frame, and you still get that extra something special with the organza at the bottom, but it’s really simple at the same time. I am a West coast bride and bought at Charlotte’s in Beaverton, Oregon. I can post pictures in 3-5 months when I get it haha!

Post # 7
13 posts
Newbee

My friend snuck a picture! Here it is 🙂 Let me know what you think!

Post # 8
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Absolutely stunning!!!!!! :O So jealous! I can’t stop staring at it!! I must try on. How much is it retailing for?

Post # 9
13 posts
Newbee

@InBetweenDreams:  

Thanks, I am really excited!!! It was either $1425 or $1475, I can’t remember which Smile

Post # 10
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Sooooo pretty in person!! I can’t wait to try it on, thanks again for posting!

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I have been waiting for a real picture of that dress! Love it!  RK Bridal in NYC has ordered the dress and it is coming in soon.  They have competative prices.  I believe the dress was $1080 or $1090.  Can’t wait to try it on.  I’m cutting it close- my wedding is July 2013.  But my back-up dress is the Maggie Sottero Dynasty, which I did tried on and loved.  Just can’t justify paying much more and adding a belt so I have to try on this one!

Post # 12
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@zenithbride:  What type of veil are you wearing with the dress? 🙂 Thank you so much for posting pictures!!

Post # 13
13 posts
Newbee

@InBetweenDreams:  I am thinking a fingertip length veil, but I don’t know whether I want one layer or two?

Post # 14
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Got my gown two weeks ago at rk bridal in nyc! It is a gorgeous dress!!!!fell in love with it and how it looked on me.. Wasnt too much just enough at the bottom 🙂

Post # 15
17 posts
Newbee

I have been wanting to try this on too but I couldn’t find a place in Vancouver 🙁 

You look gorgeous tho!

Post # 16
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

So happy i found this post.  I fell in love with this dress the moment I saw it online.  I know 2 bridal salons where I live carry it so I am super excited.  I have no doubt that this is my dress, it is perfect for a destination wedding.  

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors