Post # 1
Ladies and Gents! we are almost there! I can’t believe time has flown by so fast! What do you still have to get done? When are you sending your invitations out? Most of my guests are out of town and I want to make sure they get out early enough to book reasonable flights.
all of the things i’m slacking on…
making an appt with a calligrapher for the invitations, getting the contract for the hair and makeup (will hopefully be done today), wedding favors (do I let the photobooth pictures be the favors or do something else?), placecards, table munbers, bridal shower outfit, rehearsal dinner outfit (i found a dress online I like just have to order), garter, flower girl basket, finding out from the pastor if we have to do marital counseling…
Post # 2
According to my countdown app I have 46 days. Wow. I just had 16 months!
Post # 3
Invites getting mailed end of the month. But what’s left… Oh boy.
- Centerpieces (etching glass vases for floating candles)
- Ordering unity set and etching main vase
- Memorial Candle
- All the signs (photobooth, bar menu, thank you, guest book, etc.)
- Paint the guestbook (it’s a wooden monogram that we will hang later)
- Print menu cards w/ thank you messages (not designed yet)
- Print programs (already designed)
- Get last few photobooth props
- Make cake stand
- Shower hostess gift
- Groomsmen gifts
- Dress alterations (should be shipping within the next 2 weeks)
- Escort/Place Cards and Display
- Table numbers
- Card Box
- Wrap the poppers for grand exit (so they’re not the lame company label)
- Candy Buffet labels (need to order candy as well but know what I’m getting)
- Nice printout/card for the reading at the ceremony
- Wedding License
Honestly, there’s probably more. 🙁 Stupid DIY/Pinterest/Weddingbee… too many ideas. haha
Post # 4
I still have tons but I was happy to book my cake and meet with the officiant and finalize the honeymoon all this week!!
Post # 5
Today marks the 100 day mark for my July 12 wedding!
Have gotten a lot done, but have a lot to do, still. Trying not to wait til the last minute.
- Order vases
- Order Table Numbers
- Order Guestbook
- Order Card sign
- Order all printed signs needed (parking, restroom, cocktail, etc. all designed already)
- Send invitations (next week or the week after, if I can resist sending them)
- Buy favors (flip flops, fans, and mini Maker’s Mark bottles)
- Buy parent gifts
- Seating chart
- Place cards
- Rent port-a-potties (in case of plumbing failure. having a backyard wedding)
- Choose signature cocktail
- Make cocktail hour and inbetween band set playlists
- Figure out reception program order
- Buy beer and bourbon for bar (already purchased wine)
- Get wedding license (won’t do this til the week before)
I think that’s it! I’m sure there’s more, but I don’t have my to-do list in front of me.
Starting to get a little nervous, but in a good way!