(Closed) Alright ladies – pic of wedding dress inside & I NEED advice!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5985 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

Your dress is beautiful!!!

I think the bow is too big on the second picture; a smaller version of that would be aboslutly beautiful. Your a small gal and that bow will take over you.

I added a bow and broach to my dress on the waist and it made a huge difference . my bow is on the back though.

Hope that helped a bit…Good luck!

Post # 5
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

i just wanted to say that your dress looks incredible on you, it fits just like a glove (please tell me that isn’t BEFORE fittings!), and you really radiate in it. so beautiful!

as for lace, i don’t really think the dress looks very accommodating to it…it looks stunning without it though (and i say this as someone who *needs* to have lace on her dress, and lace on everything else in her wardrobe for that matter).  i wouldn’t tie the sash as that woman in the second pic did hers, because it would cover up the texture of the bodice too much imo, but you could definitely work a sash in somehow. maybe a slightly smaller one? (edit: just saw that daniellealys said the same thing about the sash, heh…)

Post # 8
420 posts
Helper bee

Your dress is so beautiful!! It is simple and really intriguing on the eye, im not sure what it is but i think it may be the flow of the dress and places that it gathers at. Love it!

Post # 9
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I tried this dress on too – mine was a size 8 but I am a 2.  LOL – those corsets can suck you in! It looks great on you!

Post # 10
7976 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

what a beautiful dress! you look stunning in it 🙂

Are you planning to have your seamstress attach the ribbon/bow at the seams (like the pink one was) or just tie it around separately? I worry that putting a sash over the corset lacing would look a little mis-matched, but maybe that’s just me (I don’t always have the keenest eye for fashion).

Post # 11
3285 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

you look great!! i don’t think any other changes other than the one you already decided on (sash color) is necessary – now just go find your perfect accessories =D

Post # 13
7976 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I think the bow in front would look great! My only concern was covering the corset lacing with the sash, but it sounds like you’ve got that covered (no pun intended, hehe). 🙂

I really like bows that shape. Have you tried any dresses with bows like that on to see how they look on you?

Post # 15
22 posts
Newbee

I absolutely love your dress! Would you mind sharing the maker/name of your dress?

Post # 16
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Is this Dallas Marie Maggie Sottero? Its gorgeous on you!

The topic ‘Alright ladies – pic of wedding dress inside & I NEED advice!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors