(Closed) Alterations ? – Bra Cups & Larger Bust

posted 6 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 3
2866 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

The shop I ordered the dress from keeps insisting I get cups sewn in and wear no bra. For me cups are a no go- I need a bra. Personally I would never be comfortable with just cups and seriously doubt they will hold my DDs in. Not a risk I am willing to take. 

Post # 4
842 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I am a Dirty Delete and I don’t think I’ll be wearing a bra or having cups sewn in.  I had my first fitting a couple weeks ago and it turned out that my strapless bra was adding makign me look a ton bigger.  We tried the dress without it and it looked so much better.  There is boning in the front and on the sides, but she’s going to remove that because instead of holding me up, it’s just pulling the dress away from me and making me look bigger.

I did ask if she would add cups and she said it would only add more bulk.  It seemed comfortable, but I’ll have to see again when I try it on at the next fitting.  Oh, and my dress is NOT strapless, which I imagine makes a big difference. 

Post # 5
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I have tried my dress on with cups, a bra, and nothing at all. The cups push we up too high and gives me too much padding. Between the inner corset and the bra it almost does the same thing. I’m uncomfortable with the thought of going without a bra, but the seamstress assured me once the dress is taken in and fits that I will feel secure and it will look best.

I didn’t feel like the cups were made for support-more for padding.

Post # 6
1145 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am a D/DD and had cups sewn in for a little extra lift. I would have easily gone without but the top of my dress was too big and alterations changed how it looked a bit because of it.  I felt totally secure either way though.  My biggest issue with the cups was when I sat, it pushed my boobs up and I hate that look/feel of having your chest up in your face.  If you can get away without the cups, go for it!  I think cups are an easy upsell they use all the time.  Good luck!

Post # 7
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

My dress has a sewn in bra that not only acts as a bra, but helps slim and smooth the area right below my boobs down to my belly. It has its own zipper enclosure, separate from the zipper of the dress, so whatever happens with the alterations in the bust, I think the cups will keep everything in place. Being a v-neck with straps, I don’t think I have the same issues as some of the ladies above described – there’s support all around and it’s very comfortable. If you’re having straps added you might feel the same way.

The topic ‘Alterations ? – Bra Cups & Larger Bust’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors