alterations for vw351001 vera wang flange fit and flare dress in blush pink

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@princessarielbelle:  Hi! I’m wearing a similar dress – the VW351010, so it’s a fit and flare with the same flange bottom, but with one shoulder. I recommend a mermaid slip with crinoline to give you more of the triangle shape you’re talking about, and it’ll also lift the dress a bit, so less needs to be hemmed. I am 5’1″ and wearing 5.75 inch heels, so I understand this whole ordeal! I tried the mermaid slip they have at David’s Bridal but wasn’t in love with, so I found another on amazon that has a ton of crinoline and it has almost a Spanx like top part and I really like it.

Post # 5
127 posts
Blushing bee

@princessarielbelle:  This is the one I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0065A1WUQ/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While the crinoline might be of a higher quality on the David’s Bridal one, the bodice part of the Merry Modes one is much more comfortable because it’s stretchy spandex. it also has more crinoline. I tried them both with my dress and the Amazon Merry Modes won out. It also helps make the dress easier to walk in!

Post # 8
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

If you hack the train but leave it a couple of inches too long, it should keep the wispy shape!

Post # 9
127 posts
Blushing bee

@princessarielbelle:  I have the slip on underneath in both of these and you can see what it looks like when it’s hemmed for a short person with heels. It makes it so the train is pretty short, however I’m not going to bustle it, because it’s short enough to move around in.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors